Contribute
Register

Patching your DSDT ProBook 4x30s using MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeah tried that to. Did not work :(

Do you know how I can reset the program to defaults? (Remove config files)

What happens when you click Patch?

FYI: Config settings for apps seem to be in ~/Library/Preferences

Nothing happens.

Edit:

Allright, Added the default sources again. The patch button works. I can't find your repo in it. Added the link from the first post here.

Edit2: After a restart of the program it doesn't work again. The patch button doesn't do anything again.

Edit3: The patch button does not work when I add your source.

Hmm, it works. When I use not the 4x30s name.

Edit: Woow! Starts now within 5 seconds with my own DSDT. Any ideas about the brightness? Saw a .txt in your github. How does that works? :)

Any ideas about the brightness? Saw a .txt in your github. How does that works? :)

It doesn't (work). It was an experiment I did that didn't work out. Brightness is what it is and works great after first display sleep. You can sleep display with Ctrl+Shift+Insert (with latest VoodooPS2), then wake up by hitting any key or alternatively assign a mouse hot corner to sleep display.

FYI everyone. New patch repo with modified instructions is on up.

Let me know if you find any bugs.

Big changes:
- Support for ProBook 4x40s (both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge)
- Patches have been optimized (no more DTGP)
- Mini-SSDTs added for various purposes
- Wiki rewritten to cover changes

Those with ProBook 4x40s should try these patches and see if everything is working...

I have been testing the new patches (patching system) on my notebook and so far so good, only a couple minor issues/questions:
- Since our notebook has the support for a second battery, we need an additional little patch to get the battery monitor to display correctly:
Code:
#   Battery-fix   
*/into method label _STA parent_label BAT1 replace_content begin Return (Zero) end;
I think this patch wont do anything on the 4x40 series, so it could be easy added, do you confirm?

-Then we come to the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext discussion we had a few days ago... I think we can leave things as they are and then the user can change the platform-id manually according to the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

- The readings only Fan patch does not work for me, am i missing something? I tried "original fan patch" and that seems to work, but i prefer the default behaviour. I will try the patch I used before and see how that behaves.

I have been testing the new patches (patching system) on my notebook and so far so good, only a couple minor issues/questions:
- Since our notebook has the support for a second battery, we need an additional little patch to get the battery monitor to display correctly:
Code:
#   Battery-fix   
*/into method label _STA parent_label BAT1 replace_content begin Return (Zero) end;
I think this patch wont do anything on the 4x40 series, so it could be easy added, do you confirm?

I think that could be added with no harm...

-Then we come to the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext discussion we had a few days ago... I think we can leave things as they are and then the user can change the platform-id manually according to the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

I'm not aware of this one -- and don't remember the 'discussion'. My understanding was this was something that should be in your SSDT for Ivy??

- The readings only Fan patch does not work for me, am i missing something? I tried "original fan patch" and that seems to work, but i prefer the default behaviour. I will try the patch I used before and see how that behaves.

It should work. I'll test here. Looking at the code, I don't see a bug in it...

I think that could be added with no harm...
Great.

I'm not aware of this one -- and don't remember the 'discussion'. My understanding was this was something that should be in your SSDT for Ivy??
Sorry, was a lapsus... I meant AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.

It should work. I'll test here. Looking at the code, I don't see a bug in it...
Never mind, it works fine now.

Pathing with your repo worked wonderfully easy on the 4740s. Thanks!

Two minor issues:
BigDonkey's USB 3 patch lists in the sidebar of MaciASL as "4x40s", and in the comment of the patch it says "for Probook 4540s" (only?).
The name of the repo could be expanded to include the 4x40s.

dg

Pathing with your repo worked wonderfully easy on the 4740s. Thanks!

Two minor issues:
BigDonkey's USB 3 patch lists in the sidebar of MaciASL as "4x40s", and in the comment of the patch it says "for Probook 4540s" (only?).
The name of the repo could be expanded to include the 4x40s.

dg
Does you HDMI out work with the Dual-link patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back