Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Sure, I have USBport.kext from my Windows partition and IGPU only.

IGPU should mostly work OOTB even without WhateverGreen. If you want to go the extra mile, you can use WhateverGreen to fix whatever lingering errors there may be, i.e. try "igfxfw=2" to force the Apple GuC firmware or "rps-control" to enable RPS control patch.

If your audio is working, I wouldn't worry about the audio errors.

The USB errors seem to be related to pxsx ports which are not counted towards the macOS 15 port limit. I don't know how or if those error can be fixed.

@pastrychef thanx for your reply,

I definitely think these errors are from a BIOS bug. I installed the latest version 3004. I don't remember if they were there before. But, looking at the DSDT, I clearly see that it refers to external tables in which there is no trace of the connections. I saw that many other people have the same problem under Linux. So I think there is no solution to the problem.
I have no problem to open my IOReg with IORegExplorer Version 3.0.2 (14)

Let me know if you have any other advice or think you can help me solve it. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    9.5 MB · Views: 10
  • Kernel Log.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 271
  • SysReport.zip
    86.7 KB · Views: 9
@pastrychef thanx for your reply,

I definitely think these errors are from a BIOS bug. I installed the latest version 3004. I don't remember if they were there before. But, looking at the DSDT, I clearly see that it refers to external tables in which there is no trace of the connections. I saw that many other people have the same problem under Linux. So I think there is no solution to the problem.
I have no problem to open my IOReg with IORegExplorer Version 3.0.2 (14)

Let me know if you have any other advice or think you can help me solve it. Thanks again.

It could very well be related to the BIOS port mapping of the video ports for IGPU. But if the port you are currently using is working, there really isn't a need to fix the ports that are not in use. If you really want to fix it, please see the guide below.

Are you sure?
RP05.PXSX is Sata
RP08.PXSX is Wi-Fi pci-e Broadcom
RP04.PXSX I don’t know…
RP09.PXSX another pci device

I know how to disable video ports, my video out in working from hdmi…
I can certainly optimize, but I'm not sure if those errors are due to the 630 video card. Tomorrow I'll try to make an acpi kernel log from ubuntu and then I'll send it to you

Are you sure?
RP05.PXSX is Sata
RP08.PXSX is Wi-Fi pci-e Broadcom
RP04.PXSX I don’t know…
RP09.PXSX another pci device

I know how to disable video ports, my video out in working from hdmi…
I can certainly optimize, but I'm not sure if those errors are due to the 630 video card. Tomorrow I'll try to make an acpi kernel log from ubuntu and then I'll send it to you

When you boot in to macOS, you can use Hackintool to export your PCI devices and add them to your config.plist.

Hi everyone--

With the help of the great people here, I got this build up and running in 2018, and did a little modification in 2020, but haven't touched it since. Incredibly stable for me!

But I'm getting to the point where there's Mac software that requires a more recent macOS than 11.6, so I want to update. Wondering what I need to make sure to do, keeping in mind that I've been away from this for a while. I can't believe that I could just update through Software Update and have this work.
  • Can I go all the way up to the most recent macOS? Sounds like 14.3 works on the build. If so, can I go straight there from where I am? It looks like Software Update is offering me 13.6.4 -- is that because I'm using iMac 18,1 (iMac 21.5 inch, 2017)? This is what worked at the time...
  • Booting from OpenCore 0.6.1, do I need to upgrade? If so, what's the best way to do this?
  • USB ports are working fine, do I need to do any remapping or will everything be OK after updating?
  • Any updates needed to the kexts or other key files?

Sorry to ask naive questions, I'm realizing I've forgotten a lot of what I used to know on this stuff, and I really appreciate the help of this community!

Probably simplest to get the latest .zipfile (Snoopy69's Sonoma zipfile) and use that (with the latest SMBIOS, which will let you run 14.3). That will require new serials and such, so wise to sign out of any and all Apple accounts before doing all of this, and become re-read the documented serials bits on the first page.

I would keep your existing USB mapping kext handy in case you find it works better than what's included.
^ Nope, that's wrong (thanks NZRichard) - when SMBIOS changes, USB Mapping should be redone.

Can I go all the way up to the most recent macOS?
Updating your rig to macOS 13.6.4 would be a worthwhile update.

Yes, you need a more recent version of OC.

Your USB mapping kext should work fine as long as you retain the iMac18,1 SMBIOS setting.

dclive and NZRichard, thank you both!

This was amazingly easy. It took me a while (mainly because I was being pretty cautious and re-learning a lot of what I had forgotten), but in the end, all I really had to do was grab the Snoopy69 zip file for OC 0.9.7, used OCAT to regenerate serial numbers (for iMacPro1,1), moved to my EFI partition, then upgraded via Software Update to 14.3. USB ports work, and the only thing so far that isn't perfect is that my USB Bluetooth dongle (GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, recommended long ago by Stork) isn't allowing me to pair with my Magic Trackpad.

Thanks again, life is good!

Back