Contribute
Register

Panic and Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that each time I reboot the system, the Brightness will not be at where I left it. It will increase, say from 20% (previous position) to about 80% brightness.

It is an NVRAM problem. It is likely becuase you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed but did not install "RC scripts".

Attached are the trouble shooting files you requested for.

USB is not implemented correctly. See guide post #1, "USB customization".

Also, your blackberry might be causing issues with sleep. Remove all external devices when testing sleep.

It is an NVRAM problem. It is likely becuase you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed but did not install "RC scripts".
I did fresh install. That somehow got rid of the panic I reported earlier. The problem of brightness returning to the high brightness position each time I reboot still lingers. Could it be because it's a Beta OS?

USB is not implemented correctly. See guide post #1, "USB customization".
All four USB ports are working, so I didn't bother to do the USB customization. Unless it (USB customization) does something else.

Also, your blackberry might be causing issues with sleep. Remove all external devices when testing sleep.
I believe sleep is working fine now.

I noticed now that my USB and external hard drive are no longer displaying on the desktop when plugged in. They are only accessible from Computer. Is it a peculiar problem or a normal behaviour on Sierra?

Thank you.

I noticed now that my USB and external hard drive are no longer displaying on the desktop when plugged in. They are only accessible from Computer. Is it a peculiar problem or a normal behaviour on Sierra?

Thank you.

Finder->Preferences.

Finder->Preferences.
The 'External disks' is already checked (selected). When I select 'Hard disks' all are displayed on desktop including the Internal Hard drive.

Attached. And in the case of
, I actually selected "RC scripts" during the Clover installation to the Hard Drive. It showed "Zero" in the size field in front of it, though. While others I selected either show kb or MB, as the sizes of the files.

Attachments

• HardSoft_Files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
I noticed that each time I reboot the system, the Brightness will not be at where I left it. It will increase, say from 20% (previous position) to about 80% brightness.

Also maybe just a problem in 10.12 beta. Check same scenario in 10.11.

Attached.

In ioreg, I see nothing that would cause internal HDD on SATA to appear as external. It is clearly marked Internal in ioreg.

In ioreg, I see nothing that would cause internal HDD on SATA to appear as external. It is clearly marked Internal in ioreg.
I didn't say it appeared as External. I said when I select the option in Finder » Preferences, that is when the internal HDD will appear on desktop. But ordinarily, the External drives don't display on Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back