GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I´m new on Hackintosh world and I'm trying to install ML 10.8.2 on my hackintosh with that configuration:

i7 3930k
P9X79 Deluxe (bios 2104)
NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB

I able to install ML with at boot: -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=x3000
Then, it´s Multibeast time, but i´m not sure about what check off. I have read in various forums about the problems with USB 3.0, audio and cpus=1 flag.

I made ​​several attempts, with/without dsdt.aml (never found a dsdt for my MB with 2104 bios version).
i think, the main problems to be solved are:
audio (alc898)
usb 3.0
cpu flag (cpus=1): http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61851-warning-those-asus-p9x79.html (maybe this method work)

Anybody can help me? I wish I could write a guide to future people with similar hardware.

Thanks

If USB3 ports are going to be an issue then disable it during installation. Get the system up and running later you can enable them.

ASMidea ports will not work OOB but Intel ports should work (i may be wrong here)

Multibeast settings.

Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 11.26.36.png

Yes, USB 2.0 (intel) works fine OOB. I kept reading about USB 3.0, think nobody with P9X79 mobo can use them, at least on ML 10.8.x

About de sound (ALC898) I've read cases where it works with/without DSDT.aml.

Anybody has a DSDT.aml for P9X79 Deluxe?

Still trying.

Any progress on the sound front?

I'm working on the identical board with the identical BIOS.

Everything but onboard wifi/bluetooth and audio is working.

Sadly, also having little luck with Rampage's settings (*it's not my rig to mess with, so I've little I can do to test).

GTX680 Video has not been buckets of fun, either.

Any progress on the sound front?

I've since reverted to the USB speaker/audio options, they don't have those annoying clicking/etc. of the onboard sound cards.

HI all

I've got the exact same board Asus P9X79 Deluxe with GeForce GTX570. Surprisingly, the installation is dead smooth and I can boot into it with most drivers working.

I only have one major issue and that is the sound card ALC898 which doesn't work. I've had this wokring before on earlier 10.8 install, but don't know which kexts are responsible for not working now.

If anyone can share some ideas on trying to get the sounds working, please do - my hackintosh flies on my SSD drive and a real pleasure to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back