Contribute
Register

P5K-E WiFi Yosemite with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say that the integrated WiFi is no more working since OS X turn to only 64bit. The related kext and App from realtek were 32bit and no more updated. The only solution is to buy another WiFi module for PCIe, but be sure is a compatible one. (There is no WiFi patch for DSDT)

I thought that the DSDT patch "01 - P5K-E WiFi AP Patches.txt" this is the DSDT patch for integrated WiFi :)
Thank you for the explanation)

Thanks a lot for the guide. Everything worked for me after updating from Mavericks, until the latest update. Now my audio doesn't work any-more. I am getting no audio device found . I tried all the patches as well my old kext's but nothing works. If you have the latest Yosemite update and working audio can you post your kext's ?

Thanks a lot for the guide. Everything worked for me after updating from Mavericks, until the latest update. Now my audio doesn't work any-more. I am getting no audio device found . I tried all the patches as well my old kext's but nothing works. If you have the latest Yosemite update and working audio can you post your kext's ?
That's strange. I've only reapplied the patches and all is working fine in 10.10.2.
I attach two files, original AppleHDA for 10.10.2 and the patched one for AD1988b.
Try first to install the patched with kext wizard an if it is not working install the original and patch it yourself.
Every time you install a kext repair permissions (Better with Disk utility), rebuild cache (with Kext Wizard) and reboot or the changes don't take effect.
Leyt me know

Attachments

• AppleHDA-269.25-ADI1988B.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • AppleHDA-original-10.10.2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Thanks a lot man. But I still can't get it to work.
I tried both but I can't get it to load after restart at all. I did this to check kextstat | grep AppleHDA .
And it doesn't show up as loaded. These are all my Kexts loaded: http://codepad.org/nHFYFvih
And these are my bootflags: http://codepad.org/1DaYHyt7
I also got some weird warnings in verbose boot:
Code:
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBAudioDevice"

Thanks a lot man. But I still can't get it to work.
I tried both but I can't get it to load after restart at all. I did this to check kextstat | grep AppleHDA .
And it doesn't show up as loaded. These are all my Kexts loaded: http://codepad.org/nHFYFvih
And these are my bootflags: http://codepad.org/1DaYHyt7
I also got some weird warnings in verbose boot:
Code:
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBAudioDevice"
Try this command in terminal
sudo kextutil /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
And post the results. I think i know what is missing.
EDIT: looking at your kext it seems You dont have installed following the guide. You have sleep enabler evoreboot and nullcpu installed. With the Dsdt this are unnecessary. And with out Dsdt my kext can not work properly. Can You explain your installation?

I have installed some stuff after the Yosemite didn't know I don't need them.
When I ran kextutil:
I am getting on both the original and the patched one:
Code:
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext:
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext has invalid signature; Trust cache is disabled.
ERROR: invalid signature for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA, will not load

I have installed some stuff after the Yosemite didn't know I don't need them.
When I ran kextutil:
I am getting on both the original and the patched one:
Code:
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext:
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext has invalid signature; Trust cache is disabled.
ERROR: invalid signature for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA, will not load

Install the attached kext, repair permission, rebuild cache and reboot.

If you have patched the DSDT as stated in the guide, delete the kext mentioned before.
EDIT: i've noticed now your kernel flags. Your Org.chameleon seems messed up, put a zipped copy of it here that I try to rearrange it. I do not want to argue, but it seems you have not followed the guide

Attachments

• IOAudioFamily.kext.zip
    75.4 KB · Views: 111
I did a clean install of Yosemite. Everything works perfectly, sound, wifi no booting errors. One thing I couldn't figure how to use Clover on MBR partition, when I wrote Clover on top of chimera it was still booting chameleon in dos. So I went with chimera instead of clover for now. If you have any suggestions would be appriciated.
Also I am with P5K Premium Wifi, I can confirm it works on this board as well.
Thanks a lot for the wonderful guide my mac works flawlessly now.

When you do a clean install you don't have to install chimera on your HDD, but directly Clover.One workaround is to clone your build on a second HDD with "Carbon Copy Cloner" (this procedure don't copy any bootloader) and install clover on it. When you are happy with your clover build you can repeat the procedure with your primary HDD

The problem is that it is triple boot partition. Windows , Linux and OSX. The original bootloader on this partition was chameleon then later overwritten by chimera. I tried overwriting with clover but without luck. I am not sure if clover even works properly without GPT partition scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back