Contribute
Register

P55A-UD4P 5.1 Surround Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
I have a Rev 1.0 P55A-UD4P board and I followed the detailed steps to get everything installed and working. The BIOS version is F13 and I downloaded the DSDT for that version of the BIOS as well.

Everything went as planned and the system is stable. The only thing I am struggling with is trying to get 5.1 sound to work. I have gone back through Multibeast a few times trying different options with the Audio, but nothing seems to work. I have searched through some of the other posts and attempted to do what they did as far as removing kexts and installing different ones, but I am not having much luck. Has anybody got this to work with the board/BIOS level I am running with 10.6.4?

Thank you

zassop said:
I have a Rev 1.0 P55A-UD4P board and I followed the detailed steps to get everything installed and working. The BIOS version is F13 and I downloaded the DSDT for that version of the BIOS as well.

Everything went as planned and the system is stable. The only thing I am struggling with is trying to get 5.1 sound to work. I have gone back through Multibeast a few times trying different options with the Audio, but nothing seems to work. I have searched through some of the other posts and attempted to do what they did as far as removing kexts and installing different ones, but I am not having much luck. Has anybody got this to work with the board/BIOS level I am running with 10.6.4?

Thank you
Did you try this? viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

Yes I have. Although I can complete the procedure, the end result is that my volume control is grayed out on the menu bar. I have tried this a couple of different times along the away.

zassop said:
Yes I have. Although I can complete the procedure, the end result is that my volume control is grayed out on the menu bar. I have tried this a couple of different times along the away.
Did you make sure to change the output and alert device to the new device you created?

Yes, that is when it grayed out on me. I even went back and renamed it to 889 like the example just to see if that flipped a bit somewhere, but no luck.

Does anybody know of an off the shelf sound card that I could pick up that will do 5.1 without jumping through too many hoops to make it work or is there a different model motherboard I should look at going with?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back