3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone give me over clock settings for my i7 2600K 3.4. Id like to go to 4 Ghz. I have a Zelman Cooler. Temps at stock are low 30s high 20s.
What are the settings I need? Pwer voltages? Turbo settings for system?
Thanks
Mike

I'm wondering the exact same thing, I even have the same cooler as you I believe ha! Except my board is a Z68-UD5-B3, the settings I used last night from what I found around the forum to work on Mac OS X were as follows.

On Mac OS X to have a functional overclock you need to keep your base clock ratio at stock in our case (X34) and then change your turbo clock ratio (all 4) to whatever you feel your processor can handle. From what i've seen its best to go in small increments first, last night I went to 4.2 GHz right away, because on most forum posts that seemed relatively safe. But I want to know whats the most stable safest overclock for this chip. It seems all chips of the same type are different in one way or another due to them coming out of one big wafer. So some chips can go ridiculously high while some can only go to a pretty decent overclock for example (4.5 GHz). I'm new to this too so I don't know too much just that if you change just your base clock ration you will only have a functional overclock in windows and not Mac. Hope I was of some help!

Ok so Im going to change all my Turbos to say 42. Do I have to adjust the voltage or use Load Line or Dynamic Vcore?

What are the least amount of, but best settings?
Ive read some of the ways and they are all different. lol. Maybe its like Photoshop, you can do the same thing 5 different ways.
idk..
M

mcullinan said:
Ok so Im going to change all my Turbos to say 42. Do I have to adjust the voltage or use Load Line or Dynamic Vcore?

What are the least amount of, but best settings?
Ive read some of the ways and they are all different. lol. Maybe its like Photoshop, you can do the same thing 5 different ways.
idk..
M

Honestly lol i'm just as new to this as you lol and I just changed all my turbos to 42 and rebooted. It displays 4158 mhz in my HW monitor and 4.19 GHz in my about this mac. Heres a snapshot so you can see

Attachments

• About this mac.tiff
    41.3 KB · Views: 211
Does you CPU get hot? I put on line load level 3 and changed the CPU vcore to 1.27 runs much cooler with those settings.

mcullinan said:
Does you CPU get hot? I put on line load level 3 and changed the CPU vcore to 1.27 runs much cooler with those settings.

Never really goes past 39-42 degrees when i'm running final cut or logic. But how do I know which line load level to change and vcore voltage. I was sort of scared lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back