Contribute
Register

OSX SIERRA 10.12.2 on Dell T3500 SUCCESS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
pc
CPU
i7
Graphics
ati
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I bought a nice T3500 on eBay, Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM 2x500GB HD and a rubbishy ATI HD3450 for £99! to make a mackintosh, usb mouse+keyboard. That's my hardware.

Created a hd using unibeast and did installation process as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I struggled like bonkers getting the thing to boot so decided to reset bios and just modified the following:

SATA set to AHCI mode.
V-ti: deactivated.
Serial port: deactivated
Parallel port: deactivated

Then I could install OS X and all was good with the world again. Once in OSX I installed BCM5722D.kext and VoodooHDA.kext using kextutility.app (all in attached Archive.zip for you :))

Credit where credit is due, this article also helped me along my way http://t3500.mcdonnelltech.com and lists compatible hardware upgrades and compatible cpu's too :).

I also had to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist file in Library/Preferences/System/Configuration (and then reboot which re-creates it correctly) to reset the onboard ethernet to en0 otherwise the App Store etc. won't work.

UPDATE: I have now got the system working without using the USB HD, using the config_gfxok.plist included in the files beneath (newly uploaded) you will probably need to adjust graphics options to reflect your own GPU config but otherwise I just imported this file to clover configurator tool, modified it then squashed (after backing up of course) the one in the EFI/boot folder.
I initially had a problem loading the EFI partition into the clover tool but found that if I launched multibeast and ran through the setup it would leave the EFI partition mounted, I could then use the clover configuration tool to modify the config.plist file and save it to the partition, a bit unconventional but it worked for me so I'll share the joy.

System is set to 27inch late 2013 iMac14,2 but its working so who cares :). I just need to source a graphics card that will support hardware acceleration and bob's your uncle as we say in the UK.

UPDATE: bought a MSI NVIDIA GT 710 for £25 ish on amazon, installed the latest drivers here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AY7927A/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Used nvidia driver WebDriver-367.15.10.25f02 that can be found here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-2-367-15-10-25.209714/
Enabled nvda_drv=1 in clover config.plist (already enabled if you download the config_gfxok.plist file bellow all working good.

Bought a bluetooth adapter for mac mouse, booted the mac, hot-plugged the dongle, it worked out of the box..sweet :
Bluetooth Adapter Dongle, GMYLE® Ultra-Mini USB Broadcom BCM20702 Class 2 Bluetooth V4.0 Dual Mode Dongle Wireless Adapter with LED https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Just for info I needed to run windows in a virtual machine so re-enabled virtual technology in the bios and all is still working fine!! I am using VirtualBox free version and it runs like a dream.

Happy holidays ;-)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • config_gfxok.plist
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:
Did u have any issues with rebooting? My t3500 seems to hang when attempting to reboot. I just switched over to clover from chimera where i had it rebooting successfully, but that was due to my main hard disk biting the dusk with no backup.

Yes it does hang sometimes but seems to do so randomly, sometimes it shuts down, sometimes it doesn't and I have to hold down the button to shut it off ... weird but doesn't bother me too much as most times it works fine.

Thanks for the post. I'm assuming Legacy method for Unibeast, correct? thanks again!

Yes that's correct

I was able to successfully install Sierra on my Dell T3500 too but my CPU cores would only clock at 1.6Ghz and had sleep and wake issues as well. After it was all said and done, I finally installed Windows 10, and everything runs so much better on the Dell. Windows has came a long ways and I ended up installing it onto my main machine and saying good bye to OSX. I won't miss having issues like updates, hardware compatibility, kernel panics, etc.

Have High Sierra 10.13.4 running smoothly on my Dell T3500 (Xeon E5520). Sound (through USB) working fine, WiFi great, using clover 4439. Am using an old nvidia quadro FX580 graphics card; am saving for a new GPU and power supply. Have had no problems with sleep and/or shutdown yet. I've moved this old machine from Mavericks, Yosemite, El Captitan, Sierra, through High Sierra. I certainly want a new graphics card, but they've jumped in price!

Do you have an issue with shutdown? Can you post a copy of your dsdt and config.plist? I would like to compare it to mine, I can not get shutdown to work properly.

I've just aquired the T3500 and am new to hackintosh.
Would love to get this going . If you guys have any pointers please PM me
Best regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back