Hi all,

Just completed a build for my daughter. Specs below:

Gigabyte H170n - Wifi
i3 - 6100 - stock cooler
GTX 710 video card
1tb WD Blue
8GM of Hyperx ram
Coolermaster 110 case

I have built quite a few hacks in the past and this one has been particularly stubborn. I had to re-load Sierra 3 times from scratch to get the resolution and audio working. I bought the 710 video card to get it to sleep properly. Still having problems with audio after wake but I'm going to follow Toleda's guides to fix that.

Last night I had a new problem that I haven't encountered before. The original OS X applications will bounce but not load. I was able to, however, get Chrome to load and after a restart iTunes opened and played music. But the System preferences, Disk utility, Terminal, etc all didn't open. I restarted twice and the third time I shut down completely. Unplugged the power cable for a few mins and they restarted - same problem.

I have tried a search and there are some posts which indicate issues with video drivers. I have used the most recent clover and Multibeast releases. I have tried several times to get the Nvidia drivers to load but it keeps defaulting to OSx drivers. I have only the darkwake boot flag using clover configurator. In the BIOS I have the PCI slot as the initial graphics for start up. I have followed the usual Multibeast settings and BIOS configurations.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back