Graphics
gts 450
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
what good ALC888A sound driver for my motherboard GA EP45 DQ6 on 10.7. I tested many appleHDA driver, voodoo nothing to do his walk not help me

Please make sure you did the following:
1. Delete all voodoo drivers concering the sound system from the system
2. Make sure that you made the right modifications to your DSDT.aml file. If you do not have a modified DSDT that please use the HDAenabler
3. Use multibeast to install the appleHDA rollback and choose the appropriate driver for your audio codec (MacMan's Unified Audio Injector for Realtek ALC888, ALC887/888b, ALC889, ALC885/889a or ALC892)
4. Repair your caches and file/disk permissions

Good luck!
Scatman

bogiedeguia said:
thanks scatman! actually it's working now, i selected the ALCXXX, Rollback, and non-DSDT enabler all the same time it started working after

Followed your tip, but didn't work for me.
Audio worked on fresh install of Lion, but hasn't worked since 10.7.1 update and EasyBeast 3.8.1

squidlles said:
bogiedeguia said:
thanks scatman! actually it's working now, i selected the ALCXXX, Rollback, and non-DSDT enabler all the same time it started working after

Followed your tip, but didn't work for me.
Audio worked on fresh install of Lion, but hasn't worked since 10.7.1 update and EasyBeast 3.8.1

I can not comment on EasyBeast, but I can tell you that the key to get it working is the replacement of the appleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. See the extract from Multibeast below:

Drivers&Bootloaders/Kexts&Enablers/Realtek ALC8xx/AppleHDA Rollback
Replaces the current AppleHDA.kext with an unmodified 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext to restore full functionality for Realtek ALC888, ALC887/888b, ALC889, ALC885/889a or ALC892 high-definition audio codecs on systems running 10.6.3 or later. Installed in /System/Library/Extensions. Install with System Utilities tasks.

The last sentence is important, although the tools included in Multibeast were not working for me. As an alternative you could use one of the various tools around, e.g. Kext Wizard, http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1331

Good luck.

Hi, I'm also having trouble with my audio. Board is gigabyte h67m-d2-b3 rev 1.1 with ALC889 builtin sound card. I already tried the steps above but im still not getting any audio. Do I still need to select userdsdt when reinstalling applehda with multibeast?

thanks

alnr said:
Hi, I'm also having trouble with my audio. Board is gigabyte h67m-d2-b3 rev 1.1 with ALC889 builtin sound card. I already tried the steps above but im still not getting any audio. Do I still need to select userdsdt when reinstalling applehda with multibeast?
thanks

No, you do not have to repeat the installation of userdsdt. Be sure that you figure out whether your DSDT has sound patches included or not. In the second case the installation of the HDAenabler is obligatory.

thanks scatman, i'll try the Kext Wizard as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back