Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to sign up. The purpose of the public beta is to allow every day people (as opposed to developers and such) to use the software and discover and report bugs. It's kind of a two-way street--you get to enjoy cutting edge software and they get to hear about problems that they would not otherwise discover in their limited testing environments. Having your Apple ID gives them information about what kind of people are testing their software.

Chameleon supports Yosemite as well however I personally use Clover, it's so much nicer c=

I don't quite understand,....

Its a public beta but you still have to sign up with your Apple ID,......?

Or will you be able to download it without having to sign up,....?

You have to sign up, if You want official download from Apple. Of course, there will always be unofficial ways to get it.

Microsoft has done the same with Windows 7 Beta in 2009. If You wanted to participate officially in public Beta program, You had to sign up in Microsoft Connect.

I don't quite understand,....

Its a public beta but you still have to sign up with your Apple ID,......?

Or will you be able to download it without having to sign up,....?

It's open to anyone that wants it for free, but that doesn't mean you don't have to agree to their terms. I'd fall out of my chair if they didn't all of a sudden require people to sign in to download.

FWIW, I've tried restoring from both cloned drives and Time Machine images. Both have worked equally well. The main differentiator is that the cloned drive is much faster to get back up and running if you have a lot of data. Plus, I think there's a certain peace of mind that comes with the cloned drive. Otherwise, Time Machine is totally viable.

Something will happen soon ... :D

Capture 0.JPG

It's here.

Capture 1.JPG

I just hope it'll be faster than 3 hours! :think:

Capture 0.JPG

You have to sign up, if You want official download from Apple. Of course, there will always be unofficial ways to get it.

Microsoft has done the same with Windows 7 Beta in 2009. If You wanted to participate officially in public Beta program, You had to sign up in Microsoft Connect.

I guess I'll sign up then,...

Should be painless I guess,.....

Should this sign up only be done on a real Mac or is it OK to sign up and download using a Hackintosh,.....?

I guess I'll sign up then,...

Should be painless I guess,.....

Should this sign up only be done on a real Mac or is it OK to sign up and download using a Hackintosh,.....?

If you have fixed your issues with the App Store, (I did it finally with Chamelion Wizard to give my Hack a real viable ID number.), you're good to go. I signed ups and downloaded it today with no problems. Haven't tried to install it yet.

*cracks whip* Hear that Tony! The beta's available TODAY! Nose to the grindstone! :)

There's no reason not to. If've you've been doing ANY business with ITunes or the App Store, you already have an Apple ID to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back