Contribute
Register

OS X Mountain Lion and P8PZ68 Pro & i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: got the network working, selected the wrong driver from multibeast.
Update2: got the audio working too now...

Humm...Strange... I got the network working with Mountain Lion the 1st time... Without any help from multibeast...
I am alone ?

But for the audio, my on board sound is disable! I use a Sound Blaster X-FI PCI Express...
I need to test/see if the voodoohda is still compatible with Mountain Lion...

Thanks

Humm...Strange... I got the network working with Mountain Lion the 1st time... Without any help from multibeast...
I am alone ?

But for the audio, my on board sound is disable! I use a Sound Blaster X-FI PCI Express...
I need to test/see if the voodoohda is still compatible with Mountain Lion...

Thanks

If you're booting through unibeast, then yes, the network should work just fine. But after you've installed Chameleon and booting direct, you need to install the correct kexts.

If you're booting through unibeast, then yes, the network should work just fine. But after you've installed Chameleon and booting direct, you need to install the correct kexts.

Yes... Right... I remember that with my Lion installation too... :)
Does it mean that the Chameleon in the unibeast boot is more up to date than the Chameleon in Multibeast ?

Sorry, just to know...

The ASUS modified bios roms are here : Asus Bios Roms

Thanks

I have ethernet working first go, but still booting from USB as trying direct it keeps asking to restart.

i have installed Chimera and modded .plist but not seeming to help, Did i Miss a step ?

Hello everyone. I pray you, guys, give me a hand. I'm desperate.

You may post your org.chamaleon.plist?

I have the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z and when I start the Mountain Lion, I have a kernel panic of IntelCPUPowerManagment.

I tried to install the modified BIOS, but when I start the Mountain Lion or Lion, freezes without any error, but does not enter the operating system.

I can only start LION with the BIOS 1004. All others bios, or are Still Waiting for a root device, or get stuck in verbose mode.

Could you guide me step by step? Thank you.

Nothing?

Thanks

i have installed Chimera and modded .plist but not seeming to help, Did i Miss a step ?

Modded .plist ? I don't understand...

If you can explain a little... :)

Here is what I did to get mine up and running directly from my SSD after installing Mountain Lion (note, I'm using patched BIOS and doing a fresh install):

1. install the latest Chimera from the download area
2. run Multibeast 4.6.1 and choose the following options:

Under Audio, Unified Device Injector -> ALC8xxHDA, Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC892
Under Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC (and the plugins)
Under Network -> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e

3. copied /Extra folder from Lion which contains the DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml, smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist

Attached is what inside my /Extra folder.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    113.7 KB · Views: 237
Here is what I did to get mine up and running directly from my SSD after installing Mountain Lion (note, I'm using patched BIOS and doing a fresh install)

Hey! Thank you very much for the info :)

P.S.

I presume that you used the Asus 3402 patched bios ?

Modded .plist ? I don't understand...

If you can explain a little... :)

LOL Sorry, of course

the org.chameleon.boot.plist in Toosixy's guide
though my MOBO is closer to yours than his so i might be better off using the same "extra" files as you did.

i keep hitting KP on boot.
note - i have not flashed my bios, i didnt want to kill my Win7 setup as i would like to dual boot. tho if it is a must for OSX then i might try installing Win7 again on the flashed bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back