Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OS X Mavericks download - Where to find it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to duplicate my original install back in 2014 I used unibeast 3.0.1 to create the usb. I downloaded it from Downloads >tonymacx86 tools >Archives.
I will try disabling the xmp profile 1 to see if that helps.
What is my best choice to get a 14.2 system def? Recreate the Mavericks usb using unibeast 5.2 or “edit your config.plist” ?
Thanks

What is my best choice to get a 14.2 system def?
Use UniB. 5.2 and recreate the installer. It will set SMBIOS to MacPro3,1 so you have to edit that after the USB is created. That's where you open up the config.plist with PLE Pro app. Change it to iMac14,2. The Unibeast for Yosemite changed the SMBIOS to 14,2 iMac as default. It was still MP 3,1 for Mavericks and older.

You can change it on the USB flash drive by using something like the PlistEdit Pro app. Then boot from the flash drive using iMac14,2 and see how it goes. PE Pro has a free trial version you can use. May have to use a newer macOS version to run it though. Or use the older version of the app. https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/PlistEditPro_187.zip
Thanks TRS. I will try the app you suggested if you feel this is my best option, but have to admit this is territory I have never entered into. Hoping this app is intuitive enough for inexperienced users like myself to accomplish goal.

If using the Chimera boot loader you can change the system definition or edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist with Chameleon Wizard.

Last edited:
Hoping this app is intuitive enough
I had completely forgotten about the CW app. You could use that too.

Screen_Shot_16.jpg

It's also very easy to open up the Extra folder on the USB drive. Then open the smbios.plist with an editor and change it to iMac14,2 I wouldn't worry about changing the serials till after the install is done.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
TRS/Pilgrim,
Can someone please assist with using Chameleon wizard?
I have the mavericks installer USB inserted into the iMac I used to create the USB, when I open up chameleon wizard it opens on the install screen. When I click on my target partition, the usb, it wants to update the boot loader. Should I update? Then what ? Sorry for all these noob questions.
Thanks,

Attachments

• 0BDD11D4-452F-497B-B34F-4E4E4E8EDE89.jpeg
    0BDD11D4-452F-497B-B34F-4E4E4E8EDE89.jpeg
    10.6 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I had completely forgotten about the CW app. You could use that too.

View attachment 552011

It's also very easy to open up the Extra folder on the USB drive. Then open the smbios.plist with an editor and change it to iMac14,2 I wouldn't worry about changing the serials till after the install is done.

View attachment 552017

View attachment 552018
When I clicked the SMbios tab the app reported it couldn’t find the file. So I selected one from the pre made SMbios drop down menu iMac14,2 and saved it to the desktop. The wizard now sees the file on the desktop but I can’t seem to find a way to get to the extras folder in the usb to transfer the file.
When I click on org.chameleon.Boot tab it reports can’t find the file. When I click open to try to point it to the usb the Install OS X Mavericks is grayed out and can’t be selected. Totally lost here. Anyone with experience with the Chameleon wizard can help out?
Thanks

When I clicked the SMbios tab the app reported it couldn’t find the file. So I selected one from the pre made SMbios drop down menu iMac14,2 and saved it to the desktop. The wizard now sees the file on the desktop but I can’t seem to find a way to get to the extras folder in the usb to transfer the file.
When I click on org.chameleon.Boot tab it reports can’t find the file. When I click open to try to point it to the usb the Install OS X Mavericks is grayed out and can’t be selected. Totally lost here. Anyone with experience with the Chameleon wizard can help out?
Thanks
probably best to edit your current config,plist

When I clicked the SMbios tab the app reported it couldn’t find the file.
The KW app like Multibeast, was made to be run on Hackintosh, not real Macs. Real Macs have no Extra folder. So it's trying to find the Extra folder and the files in it but it doesn't. It makes more sense to just edit the plist on your USB with an editor instead.

Last edited:
The KW app like Multibeast, was made to be run on Hackintosh, not real Macs. Real Macs have no Extra folder. So it's trying to find the Extra folder and the files in it but it doesn't. It makes more sense to just edit the plist on your USB with an editor instead.
Can anyone walk me through this procedure Or point me to a guide suitable for noobs to accomplish this?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back