Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 6 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could solve the issue on my GA-Z77X-UD5H 1.1 with renaming the USB 2.0 Ports in Clover config.plist. Now my Bluetooth works again which is connected to the USB2.0 10 PIN connector. No more Ports restrictions. Running my hack as an iMac 13,1

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]<key>Patches</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <array>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Comment</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUhDMQ==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUgwMQ==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUhDMg==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUgwMg==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        </array>[/FONT]

Yes, this can work when DSDT is written correctly...

Since Apple uses names EHC1/EHC2/XHC1, it avoids most of the vanilla port injectors present in IOUSBHostFamily.kext (various plugins) and causes the system to fall back on ACPI for the port definitions.

I used the same technique in my BRIX repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch

In cases where the OEM ACPI (_PLD/_UPC) are problematic, use the rename plus a custom port injector kext, such as what I did for my u430 laptop: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

I could solve the issue on my GA-Z77X-UD5H 1.1 with renaming the USB 2.0 Ports in Clover config.plist. Now my Bluetooth works again which is connected to the USB2.0 10 PIN connector. No more Ports restrictions. Running my hack as an iMac 13,1

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]<key>Patches</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <array>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUhDMQ==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUgwMQ==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUhDMg==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUgwMg==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        </array>[/FONT]

Thanks for your information. I just modified DSDT.aml with change name from EHC(n) to EH0(n) , then each USB 2.0 10-pin connector works well with native kext AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext.

Add key-value in Clover config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches is also work on my hackintoah (1442020547-2396130503_l.png).

Attachments

• EHC-EH0.png
    EHC-EH0.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 1442020547-2396130503_l.png
    1442020547-2396130503_l.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for your information. I just modified DSDT.aml with change name from EHC(n) to EH0(n) , then each USB 2.0 10-pin connector works well with native kext AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext.

The config.plist entries do the same thing as the search/replace you did on your DSDT.

I'm going to upgrade to El Capitan GM Candidate, wish me luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back