Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 5 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All:
The bluetooth has disappeared after update to beta 5.
My bluetooth device is BCM94360 WIFI+BT PCI-e module. It works from 10.8.5 to 10.10.5 and 10.11 public beta 1~4.

Any suggestion?

Ok I did some trouble shooting and it's simply that the USB port that your add-on card is using for the Bluetooth is not enabled in this beta. I don't know exactly why they keep remapping ports from beta to beta but this has been going on since DP1. There are some posts out there about fixing USB on El Capitan, I will be looking into that to see if this is manageable.

After installing the Public Beta 5 update there is a Supplemental System Recovery update which is ok to update. No restart necessary. Tested restart/boot and its all good.

Updated with Clover 3259, kexts on EFI partition and SIP totally enabled. Working perfectly! :thumbup:
How long did it tKe to upgrade? I get stuck in Installing Software Update.

Tom

It just remains here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 165
Figure it out!

It was caused by the update package, for some reason. I deleted the update package and re-downloaded it via App Store, then installed it.

And everything went well this time.

PS: The update package is located in the directory of /Library/Updates

Tom

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 5.12.27 PM.png

Hi All:
The bluetooth has disappeared after update to beta 5.
My bluetooth device is BCM94360 WIFI+BT PCI-e module. It works from 10.8.5 to 10.10.5 and 10.11 public beta 1~4.

Any suggestion?
Mine 94360 works very well after upgrading to PB5. However, all USB3.0 turned to USB2.0.

To fix USB 3 issues this is what I did download MaciASL and use PJALM DSDT patches. I done this on my Z77-DS3H machine and my USB3 port work fine it's pretty simple to do. here's a link. http://pjalm.com/repos/gigabyte/

Figure it out!

It was caused by the update package, for some reason. I deleted the update package and re-downloaded it via App Store, then installed it.

Can you please tell me how to re-download the El Capitan beta? I have a problem with the App Store on my hack - when launched from the Apple menu it doesn't start (I just get a generic application icon in the dock). When launched from /Applications, the store starts up just fine, but it doesn't give me an option to re-download El Capitan, it just says "DOWNLOADED", which is greyed out. I tried holding all combinations of Shift, Alt, Ctrl, and the Apple key while clicking "Purchased", but it still only has the greyed-out "DOWNLOADED" button.

I deleted the original El Capitan Public Beta installer when it put my machine into a boot loop and I had to recover from my CCC backup, but I'd like to give it another try.

Can you please tell me how to re-download the El Capitan beta? I have a problem with the App Store on my hack - when launched from the Apple menu it doesn't start (I just get a generic application icon in the dock). When launched from /Applications, the store starts up just fine, but it doesn't give me an option to re-download El Capitan, it just says "DOWNLOADED", which is greyed out. I tried holding all combinations of Shift, Alt, Ctrl, and the Apple key while clicking "Purchased", but it still only has the greyed-out "DOWNLOADED" button.I deleted the original El Capitan Public Beta installer when it put my machine into a boot loop and I had to recover from my CCC backup, but I'd like to give it another try.
Delete packages under directory /library/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back