Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I have Asus Sabertooth P67 MB, on 10.9.4 atm and everything is working fine. After installing 10.9.5 update, it boots fine in safe mode via -x but on normal mode is halting at "SMC: Successfully Initialized".
I tried Combo and Web update.
Anyone with similar MB can tell me the path to install the update?

Thank you

GB H87-D3H with ALC892. I've just updated to 10.9.5 and all is OK. I've used Multibeats 6.4.2 for the trim, and 6.0.1 for the audio.

That was pretty painless. Did the Combo Update, reapplied audio driver after reboot. Just out of curiosity is there an actual reason every OS update replaces the audio kext?

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

iGirl OSX updates re-writes over modified kexts files its normal

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Try running an older version of Multibeast. I had broken audio after last update to 10.9.4. I ran an older version of MB and audio was working great after. The updated audio drivers in the newer version of MB apparently didn't work for my setup.
I updated to 10.9.4 yesterday :O Used the new MB and the installed failed every time. Not sure why. So I used MB 5.1 and everything is working as it did with the 10.9.4 update. May skip this as well.

Followed Stork's guide on my Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H and install went fine. Re-installed trim 10.4+ support and ALC892 audio from MB 6.4.2. Audio still doesn't work when resuming from sleep, however, my workaround is to play music in the Amazon prime cloud app and leave it paused. Seems to work interestingly enough.

I'm passing on this one. I had a disaster befall me when I tried the 10.9.4 update and had to wipe and reinstall. I am curious about the SMB improvements - has anyone seen better performance with SMB on this version?

Z77N - Samsung 830 SSD - GTX670

Direct update > Trim Enabler -> ALC892 Reinstalled (Multi 6.4.2)

:) everthing fine

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H / 4770k / GTX 770 – works fine using Stork's method.

** EDIT

I had to install Nvidia latest driver as Quicktime would keep freezing the system. And I removed all the IntelHD drivers from /System/Library/Extensions/

All okay now.

I did mine, as pointed out the sound drivers get wacked. I tried Multibeast but then it made it not even boot. Boot from my backup, run MultiBeast again and had it install everything (not just sound driver) and it boots and runs fine.

I do have this message popping up:

"The kernel extension at “/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext” is not from an identified developer but will still be loaded.

Please contact the kernel extension vendor for updated software."

It works, but that message shows up each login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back