Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if they added support for AMD's Hawaii (R9 290 or R9 290x) based GPUs?

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

I had no problems with this update, other than simply needing to re-apply the audio and trim patches.

This update still di not address the issue with losing audio on sleep on my Z86 board. Geez, what's Apple's problem?!

After waking up, put it back to sleep (Apple menu) for about 5-10 seconds. That should restore your audio. If not use the corresponding audio for your motherboard in MultiBeast 6.2.2.

Update went well, except had to install ALC892 twice from Multibeast before audio returned. Otherwise no problem to date on 10.9.5.

What is with "Repair Permissions?" I "Repair," and Repair completes. Then I "Verify," and the same permissions are wrong that were wrong before. I "Repair" again, and the same thing happens. This is not unique to 10.9.5; I have observed this on all Mavericks versions to date. Either there is no repair accomplished, or there was no repair needed in the first place. In either case, I cannot see any advantage to that procedure. :banghead:

Any comments? Thanks!

Work's Perfect on my system Z87MX-D3H - i74770k - Ati Radeon 5870HD installed update from Appstore then reboot ! After reboot from Multibeast reinstalled Audio Driver and repair permission. Reboot et Voila' !! Thank's Tony :)

Update went well, except had to install ALC892 twice from Multibeast before audio returned. Otherwise no problem to date on 10.9.5.

same here, and trim!

What is with "Repair Permissions?" I "Repair," and Repair completes. Then I "Verify," and the same permissions are wrong that were wrong before. I "Repair" again, and the same thing happens. This is not unique to 10.9.5; I have observed this on all Mavericks versions to date. Either there is no repair accomplished, or there was no repair needed in the first place. In either case, I cannot see any advantage to that procedure. :banghead:

Any comments? Thanks!

some just don't repair, this lists ones you can ignore
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448

Any comments? Thanks!
I recommend repairing permissions before and after OS X updates. It's eliminates subtle problems that can creep into an update. As a long time Macintosh user, I learned to do this procedure back in the 10.0 beta. Yeah, you see a lot of informative permissions errors, but most are iTunes related, and I think that relates back to original application that Apple bought and turned into iTunes. Not to worry.

Smooth on a GA-Z87MX-D3H, following the guide at the top of the thread. Went from 10.9.2 straight to 10.9.5. No sound or TRIM after install. Tried using Multibeast 6.4.2 to reinstall ALC892 and TRIM 10.9.4 but got an error:

There is no '/Extra/modules/HDAEnabler.dylib', '/Extra/DSDT.aml', or '/Extra/SSDT.aml' file on the target volume. Either place one there, select 'Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1', or if you are using an EFI installed bootloader check 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support' to continue.

Couldn't find an easy workaround, so I just reinstalled TRIM with Multibeast 6.2.1 and reinstalled audio with Multibeast 6.1.0 (6.2.1 has a flawed audio kext or something of that nature). Rebooted, fixed permissions, everything looks perfect! Sound works after sleep, too. Thanks!

Pemm,

If you've used a MultiBeast version previous to MulitBeast v6.3 and updated to 10.9.5, you should do a complete MultiBeast v6.4.2+ configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. MultiBeast 6.3 changed how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back