Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having lots of problems with this update (moving up from 10.8.2). I used the combo update, but following the install, I had a system hang on my antivirus on demand kext (Sophos). I deleted the program in safe mode then the hangs moved to the ApplebluetoothHCIController.kext. Wether or not my Bluetooth dongle is plugged in (it worked fine before) at boot, I can not boot normally, only in safe mode. I have re applied my edits in multibeast and even attempted changes in sysdef to iMac 13,1, and Mac Pro 5,1 (removing appletcmedriver.kext for the latter as per another user's suggestion) to fix power management. I was having problems with GPU crashes in Aperture using 10.8.2. Now I can't boot. I also have hangs on ham kext version 20090913... Is that related to my deleting appletcmedriver? Any help?

well I solved my issue of no video play back in safari and system locks and crashes. Spec's : sabertooth x-58 nvidia 650ti. Made a new boot usb with ML 10.8.4 fresh install, skipped the graphics drivers in multibeast and wala very stable working 10.8.4, there were a few steps getting sound and app store/imessage to work. but all work like a charm. Dual boot windows 7 sp1 works fantastic. If you need any help or advice on my steps please don't hesitate to ask :)

Just installed the combo update for 10.8.4 this evening with no hick-ups on my asus rampage iv gene x79 3930k with a galaxy gtx 670 oc. i ran MB 5.3.1 and installed usb 3 again. i'm using usb audio. and installed the new cuda driver from nvidia.

Finder was updated to a new version

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Tip: If you are using any kexts to get the TP-Link WN881ND to work, they do not work in 10.8.4.
Downgraded back to 10.8.2

If you downgraded IO80211Family.kext from 10.8.4 to an earlier patched one, it will break wifi (timeout when connecting to router) because it won't be compatible with the newer version of airportd in 10.8.4 (see this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4154491?start=75&tstart=0).

The solution is to either downgrade airportd to an earlier version from 10.8.3 (see above link) or apply a manual edit of the new 10.8.4 version of IO80211Family.kext (inserting Device ID: 168c,30a4 as described in this thread http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59761).

Hope this helps

Por el momento todo funciona bien.
Z68AP-D3
GTX 460 768MB
Solo me falta path para opencl, puedo usar el path de multibeast para 10.8.2?
Gracias.

By the time everything works fine.
Z68AP-D3
GTX 460 768MB
I just need to OpenCL path, I can use the path of MultiBeast for 10.8.2?
Thank you.

dh55hc - Installed combo, deleted s\l\e AppleHDA.ket and HDAEnabler1.kext. Ran Multi Beast 5.3 and reinstalled the RealtekALC888 Legacy driver. Reboot and all is good.

10.8.4 update killed my wireless adapter's encrypted (WPA) connectivity on PovoMac. Unlocking the wifi network and hiding SSID to prevent intruders "solved" the problem.

Tip: If you are using any kexts to get the TP-Link WN881ND to work, they do not work in 10.8.4.
Downgraded back to 10.8.2
With 10.8.4 update, this network adapter loses encrypted (WPA) connectivity for some reason. I had the same problem and "solved" it by unlocking the wifi network and hiding the SSID and the wifi works fine.

Update working fine on Z77X-UD5H+GT640+HD4000.... Had to re-apply 898 Audio and Trim. Sleep is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back