Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10 Yosemite unveiled at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dock really sucks. I mean really really bad. It'd be nice if we had the choice between the two and not be strong armed into it. I believe even windows have people the option to revert back to classic view
Technically that is the classic dock if you look back at the older versions of Mac OS that's what it looked like and just with different icons although I liked the one in mavericks and some of the previous versions and I really like the way the trash can looks now vs the new one it all prolly with save in gpu performance so that prolly the main reason for the change to save the power

Technically that is the classic dock if you look back at the older versions of Mac OS that's what it looked like and just with different icons although I liked the one in mavericks and some of the previous versions and I really like the way the trash can looks now vs the new one it all prolly with save in gpu performance so that prolly the main reason for the change to save the power

why would i want to look at my phone all day and then come home and look at a computer that looks exactly the same?

i think Steve woulda fired the lot of them

I really like the way osx looks right now.However I've only been using osx since sno leo so i don't have much of a reference point.Dont get me wrong I'm really really excited about the features, but bummed about the appearance to the point where i won't be installing it on all my (two) macs.

You missed all the fun we had in the 10.4.x days ...

Ha! Fun! Yeah, I remember those fun days (I actually jumped with 10.5). . . Trying everyone's builds on every piece of equipment in every possible way. Oh, and I was broke in those days too, so I didn't buy specifically to build a hackintosh yet either.

I am looking forward to Continuity, personally. I wonder if we will have the same issues with signing in that have plagued my build with Messages. . .

Its exactly what Microsoft did with windows 8,i don't want an mobile operating system on my desktop.
I don't want IOS on my pc,for that i have my iPhone ,i will stick with Mavericks.
They said that the new mac os 10.10 will prove the difference from iOS and mac..... its one big IOS.

I'll probably update when it first comes out. My Mavericks hackintosh is more stable than either my Linux or Windows partitions, and I switched to Mavericks the day it came out.

Guys, I think that this is not so big deal.
First of all, if you don't like the dock, you can change the icons or the view as you can already do in mavericks or in many versions of OSX.
Second, I agree that Yosemite is similar to iOS, but it's not the same. It's just a desktop OS with flat appearance, that's all.
And third...if you need several months to set up a hackintosh with everything working, perhaps you should stay on a stable version. And for every single update, TM and backups are great, you can try and go back to the original in less than 1 hour!
Come on, I think we should really give it a try to this new version, I'm really excited to see how it goes :D

I'm not saying that os updates fail everytime. :)

What I'm trying to say is : To me, many hackintoshers who managed to get a fully working/stable build don't wanna try to update because they fear to screw everything. Even if they have backups etc...
In particular when you need a specific software ( Pro Tools in my case ) which is well known to cause issues with OSX 10.9 .

My two cents.

Hate to say this pal, but you're in the wrong community if you fear screwing things up.. That's how we all learn, you cannot always rely on everyone else to answer your questions and 'fears' you should experiment with your hack, granted you use it for work so why not just try it on another HDD? Experimenting is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back