Contribute
Register

OS Boot Errors - [PCI Configuration Begin] and Others (Help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey gang!
First time posting in the forum, but I'm fairly sure I at least posted in the right place! :D
So, after building my first ever Hackintosh Pro, I tried to intall Mountain Lion via USB stick, partioned and installed via "Unibeast + MultiBeast." However, the computer continued to lock up pre-install and when viewed in verbose mode, it showed it was locking up at the "[PCI Configuration Begin]" command.
After doing some research, I tried using new commands:

npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
PCIRootUID=1

I also tried combining the ones above. On each attempt, this new error popped up:

IMG_2818.jpg

(Hopefully you can zoom on that image. If not, I'll edit the post and include a link to photobucket or something.)

So now I'm a little stuck as to what to try from here. After reading some other posts, it seems like I would have to write some custom scripts to use in Chameleon (Which I honestly don't know what that is, how to acces it, or make changes once I'm there.)

Here are my specs:
GIGABYTE-Z68X-UD3H-B3
SIIG Firewire 800 3-Port PCI NN830012-S2
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (Model: F3-1600C9Q-32GXM)
Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Quad-Core
Intel 520 Cherryville 250GB Solid State Drive
EVAGA GeForce GTX 670 Graphics Card

Thanks in advance!
-Jon

Try "-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0".

Wow! I didn't expect such a quick response! Thanks! I'll try it when I get home.
If this doesn't work and I wind up with the same PCI error, is there another command/suggestion to try?

The "Still waiting for root device" error seems to be because you used PCIRootUID=1 instead of 0.

Ok. I'll post back when I try it this evening. Thanks!

I tried the "-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0" command.....same result. :(
Still locks up at the [PCI configuration begin] line.

Is there anything else I can try?

**EDIT**
I tried adding the "npci=0x2000" command onto the one above and was rewarded with a new error. Yay.
photo.jpg

Could this be a related error, or something else entirely?

When that last line starts, unplug your USB drive and plug it back in and it should continue. Use the same kernel flag you used to boot.

When that last line starts, unplug your USB drive and plug it back in and it should continue. Use the same kernel flag you used to boot.

Which last line are you referring to? The PCI Config line or the latest error I posted? I don't want to confuse commands and jack anything up. And which flag? the "-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0" one? or the "npci=0x2000" one?

**EDIT**

I've tried typing "
-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0" letting in run, unplugging the USB drive when it locks up, re-inserted it - Nothing happens.
Also tried
"-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000" let in run, uplugged USB drive, re-inserted it - Still Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back