Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to use this for a week now. I can't seem to get any audio after the install. In the Midi program it says that I have my master volume set to 0. It sees my speaker jack but still no audio. Even if I try to revert to my original(I have a super duper clone) no audio now. Any ideas? I am using i5-750 on a GA-H55M-UD2H rev 1.3. :crazy:

Hi guys,

I'm using that Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, I downloaded dsdt.aml from database.
One line seems strange (highlighted with green)

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)
{
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

My front panel audio is not working - no sound in headphones. Speakers work normal.
No headphones in system preferences.

Will someone please tell me what to do?

toleda said:
Shakin_Handz said:
I've updated to this kext and still get horrible popping using Built-In Output. I just did a fresh install, and did not have this problem before using the previous kext. Tried using that as well, same thing. Pop at start up, pops everytime sound hasnt been played for 10-15sec.

Would editing the plist, as per HDMI edits, solve this? Did that for my HTPC, and could do that here, bc don't you create a proper 889 in the plist? Idk just asking..
Digital audio does not pop; your choices are optical or HDMI. What are you using for system definition? What are you using for speakers? Something else is wrong.

I'm using iMac 12,2 but the same was happening for Mac Pro 3,1. I'm using regular two channel speakers with a stereo jack (normal headphone). I was using optical before, but now that I have my HTPC set up with HDMI audio I rarely use it. Does not pop with optical however. But before I did the fresh install it would only pop once during startup.

chasmo said:
I have been trying to use this for a week now. I can't seem to get any audio after the install. In the Midi program it says that I have my master volume set to 0. It sees my speaker jack but still no audio. Even if I try to revert to my original(I have a super duper clone) no audio now. Any ideas? I am using i5-750 on a GA-H55M-UD2H rev 1.3. :crazy:
Reply with a copy of IOReg and dsdt.

184200 said:
Hi guys,

I'm using that Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, I downloaded dsdt.aml from database.

My front panel audio is not working - no sound in headphones. Speakers work normal.
No headphones in system preferences.

Will someone please tell me what to do?
The green text is a compiler comment with no effect. If System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers does not change to Headphones when the headphones are plugged in, there is a hardware problem. Check BIOS is set for HD Audio, the case supports HD Audio and the HD Audio from panel connector is plugged into the motherboard correctly.

Shakin_Handz said:
I'm using iMac 12,2 but the same was happening for Mac Pro 3,1. I'm using regular two channel speakers with a stereo jack (normal headphone). I was using optical before, but now that I have my HTPC set up with HDMI audio I rarely use it. Does not pop with optical however. But before I did the fresh install it would only pop once during startup.
No idea. Use HDMI.

toleda said:
chasmo wrote:
I have been trying to use this for a week now. I can't seem to get any audio after the install. In the Midi program it says that I have my master volume set to 0. It sees my speaker jack but still no audio. Even if I try to revert to my original(I have a super duper clone) no audio now. Any ideas? I am using i5-750 on a GA-H55M-UD2H rev 1.3.

Reply with a copy of IOReg and dsdt.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    19.7 KB · Views: 141
  • CharlesHackPro.zip
    534.8 KB · Views: 102
chasmo said:
Thank you in advance for any insight.
IOReg says you 889 on board audio is working. Don't know what you mean by "the Midi program says that I have my master volume set to 0". Where is the volume slider in System Preferences/Sound/Output? Is mute on? What speakers are connected?

I finally got around to editing my DSDT today to enable HDMI audio on my XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card. I'm happy to report that HDMI audio is working perfectly with this patched kext.

With a system definition of MacPro5,1, both analog output and HDMI digital audio are working (without issue) for me. The only problem I did run into was the audio pops with the iMac12,2 system definition - but after changing over to the MacPro5,1 definition the pops went away.

Thanks!

All the way up. :banghead: The midi thing was the Apple Midi Setup there is a section with Master Volume, Left and Right channels. I can't adjust the master, but I can the left and right. Although now that I look, if I put a USB sound adapter in, it too has the master set at 0, although I get sound with that. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 100 times thus far and am willing to do it more, as just before I updated the kext I did have sound. Again than you for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back