Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
fabiojansen said:
When i plug the headphones on front green jack, nothing changes (how u can see in the attached file) . I've tested the headphone but no audio. Is only working on the back panel.
I assume the front panel is connected with the HD audio connector to HD Audio connector on the motherboard. Otherwise, see 3. Manual Speaker and Headphone Selection Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext.

I use your method and It's works very well :headbang:

I use Gigabyte P55M-UD2(1.0) ALC888b and Lion 10.7.4

Installation
Available in MultiBeast_v4.6.1
1. Select: Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx//Patched AppleHDA/ALC887_v100202
2. I use original DSDT for my mainboard from tonymacx86 (DSDT Database)
Edit DSDT/HDEF with this code ( it's equal of first page of thread)

Code:
           Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

3. Always select: System Utilities

It may be useful to someone.

Thanks Toleda for your time :clap:

Please help!
installed mac os lion 10.7.3, the motherboard GA-77_DS3H, ALC887 audio codec can not in any way to make the sound work!
I apologize for my English!

toleda said:
proshik said:
installed mac os lion 10.7.3, the motherboard GA-77_DS3H, ALC887 audio codec can not in any way to make the sound work!
See Easy Guide MultiBeast Realtek ALC8xx Audio For Liont.

I did everything as stated in the manual and on this screenshot http://tonymacx86.com/download/file.php ... &mode=view
but still the sound is not working.
On the motherboard on a chip is written
ALC887
BBH98H1 or (BCG7661)
GC01D2 or (GC0702)
not very clear, as I understand it corresponds ALC8xxHDA For Legacy installs
I do not understand is why does not work

proshik said:

I did everything as stated in the manual and on this screenshot http://tonymacx86.com/download/file.php ... &mode=view but still the sound is not working.
The screenshot is an example for the 889 as stated in the guide. As well, your 887 is not legacy. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler889. Select ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and non-DSDT Enabler/887. If audio doesn't work, suggest a fresh install.

toleda said:
proshik said:

I did everything as stated in the manual and on this screenshot http://tonymacx86.com/download/file.php ... &mode=view but still the sound is not working.
The screenshot is an example for the 889 as stated in the guide. As well, your 887 is not legacy. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler889. Select ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and non-DSDT Enabler/887. If audio doesn't work, suggest a fresh install.

each time reinstalling the operating system tried different settings, made ??sure that the sound to work, but after rebooting the system stopped working again. Here is the screenshots after installation and before rebooting MultiBeast and after a reboot.

Attachments

• system.tiff
    790.8 KB · Views: 206
  • sys 2.tiff
    84.4 KB · Views: 239
  • sound.tiff
    84.6 KB · Views: 209
  • sound 2.tiff
    69.5 KB · Views: 198
  • multibeast.tiff
    232.1 KB · Views: 202
proshik said:
each time reinstalling the operating system tried different settings, made ??sure that the sound to work, but after rebooting the system stopped working again. Here is the screenshots after installation and before rebooting MultiBeast and after a reboot.
Attach a Copy of IOReg

toleda said:
proshik said:
Attach a Copy of IOReg

here's the file, hopefully made ??the right

Attachments

• MacBook Pro - ??????.zip
    442.4 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back