Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 885/889a on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
w33ble said:
Gave that a shot, still no love. dsdt/HDEF is identical to the one in the first post now, re-installed the AppleHDA kext a couple times (even deleting the existing kext once), still nothing. Short of buying a cheap USB sound card, is there anything else I can try?
Reply with a copy of IOReg, open to verify and attach.

toleda said:
w33ble said:
Gave that a shot, still no love. dsdt/HDEF is identical to the one in the first post now, re-installed the AppleHDA kext a couple times (even deleting the existing kext once), still nothing. Short of buying a cheap USB sound card, is there anything else I can try?
Reply with a copy of IOReg, open to verify and attach.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for. Here's some things that looked relevant to me...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 11.29.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 11.29.56 AM.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 11.35.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 11.35.47 AM.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 11.38.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-10 at 11.38.21 AM.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 232
w33ble said:
Gave that a shot,
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for.
IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open file to verify and attach. The screenshots don't show what I need to see.

Thanks toleda.

work fine "Patched AppleHDA > ALC885/889a" with GA-P35-DS3 v2.0 | 10.7.4.

toleda said:
w33ble said:
Gave that a shot,
IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open file to verify and attach. The screenshots don't show what I need to see.
PM'd. Thanks.

EDIT: SOUND! Thanks so much for the help! Working great on my GA-EP45-UD3P!

w33ble said:
toleda said:
w33ble said:
Gave that a shot,
PM'd. Thanks.

EDIT: SOUND! Thanks so much for the help! Working great on my GA-EP45-UD3P!

can you shoot me a copy. of your dsdt.

Hello. I can not get patched AppleHDA.kext to work in MultiBeast. I have GA-EG45M-UD2H which has 889A.

I have exact same problem as w33ble. Even my screens look the same as w33ble, but no audio device, no sound. Verified my DSDT is patched correctly. :( Might some help be possible?

In attached archive is dsdt and ioreg

hellfish said:
In attached archive is dsdt and ioreg
AppleHDA.kext did not load properly. There is an extra audio codec listed with no information; strange. Try a restart. If the same situation results, reinstall AppleHDA.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back