Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi there. I was wondering if I can get your thoughts on my proposed build please. The components that I will be using are as follows. Many thanks for your help and feedback.

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU: i72600K
Graphics card: Not sure as of yet
SSD drive:Crucial M4 7mm 256GB (maybe a second smaller drive for win 7)
Hard drive Sata 1 tb for storage (not sure which make yet)
CPU cooler:DH-D14
Case:Fractal Design R3
Ram: 2x8 16 gig low profile ram
Case fans: Some extra front and rear quite case fans
Snow leopard already purchase
DVD drive: Maybe Sony, or an LG drive.

I think that's all. Cheers for you help once again.

So it's your intention to run Snow Leopard and not upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion?

Yes it is. Just to get started. When I get to grips with things. Then I would like to move on to lion, if that is possible.

Yes it is. Just to get to grips with things. Then I would like to update to lion, if that is possible.

So it's your intention to run Snow Leopard and not upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion?

Huh? What are you saying? If you're on a Z68 you can't run Lion or Mountain Lion?

You can run Z68 with Lion or Mountain Lion. Please do some research here on the forums and take time to read a little bit.
People here are answering almost every possible question 20 times per day.

I got the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and there are several guides that say it works perfectly on Lion...upgrading to ML is also possible. I didn't check the specs of your board but it's probably fine. Search around the site to find any potential issues.[h=1][/h]

You can run Z68 with Lion or Mountain Lion. Please do some research here on the forums and take time to read a little bit.
People here are answering almost every possible question 20 times per day.

I'm assuming your message is directed to alans17 and not to me.

I am currently running Mountain Lion on my Son of Zorro build, but it has a Lion boot drive, too. Zorro is still lion. All my Z68x-UD3H motherboard based systems can run Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. Given that you are starting out, go for Mountain Lion.

Hi guys. Still a bit confused here lol. I might even change my mind again still. My brother has a Macbook pro, but lives in the USA. I might see if he can give making a Unibeast USB pen drive for me, and post it over here to the UK. Then I should be able to go with the board and CPU that I original intended getting (z77--- and Ivybridge combo) and install lion from the off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back