Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently completed a build running 10.6.3 (for a variety of reasons, I cannot update to 10.6.8 or 10.7). The build works great except for one problem:

Whenever I try running software that utilizes OpenGL (Plex, VLC, etc.), all I see is a blank or sometimes black screen. I have heard that this could be caused by "handshaking" issue when using a TV as a monitor, but I have tried booting the system and starting the applications with the display already turned on and at the proper input to rule that out. I have a Gigabyte 5770 video card and patched my installation with EasyBeast.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get OpenGL to work on this build? Not having OpenGL working renders this build practically useless. Please help!

Thanks!

Thanks for your help! I did install Chimera but am not sure how to set a parameter in my Boot.plist (sorry, I'm learning this as I go along). How do I do that?

Open the file /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and place the lines someplace in the file

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Batmobile</string>

And don't forget to set GraphicsEnabler to Yes if you haven't yet. Good Luck

Thanks! I was able to solve the problem by updating to 10.6.8. The only problem I have now is that I cannot mount any disk images. It says my device is not configured. Any thoughts? Thanks for helping me get this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back