Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Yes I read that you'd moved to 1,1 for that reason, I also followed suit even though I had little to no issues with 19,1 just the fact that I had a dedicated GPU seemed to be the best route and I'd read about the improved stability.

I don't have the Beta bios you have obviously, would certainly be easier to have the option in the settings menu I guess but in reality once its setup and the profile saved there should be no future issues..
Why would that option be removed from a bios in the first place do you know?
Not absolutely sure but whenever you reset the BIOS the CFG unlock profile setting is lost and you have to load it again. The BIOS Beta version I have, the setting is permanent and easily rectified as shown in the pic.

Attachments

• tempImagem3ap2L.png
    tempImagem3ap2L.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 89
Not absolutely sure but whenever you reset the BIOS the CFG unlock profile setting is lost and you have to load it again. The BIOS Beta version I have, the setting is permanent and easily rectified as shown in the pic.

Where do I get my hands on that modded firmware?

Yes I read that you'd moved to 1,1 for that reason, I also followed suit even though I had little to no issues with 19,1 just the fact that I had a dedicated GPU seemed to be the best route and I'd read about the improved stability.

I don't have the Beta bios you have obviously, would certainly be easier to have the option in the settings menu I guess but in reality once its setup and the profile saved there should be no future issues..

I did find the 12d firmware over on AudioGods insanelymac page!!!

If you're asking about the CFG option in the BIOS, it was not an option offered by Gigabyte in the first place but I think it's now part of the BIOS settings in their new boards. I am most sure I saw it in a Z490 Motherboard.

If you're asking about the CFG option in the BIOS, it was not an option offered by Gigabyte in the first place but I think it's now part of the BIOS settings in their new boards. I am most sure I saw it in a Z490 Motherboard.
That would explain it, thank you!

@ rob 1980 - Thanks for your input, actually Mac Pro1.1 is the Mac model I use on my setup also a Beta Bios version for my board where the CFG setting is actually in the BIOS that can be easily enabled/disabled. I opted for MacPro 1,1 to be able to watch DRM content and Apple TV+ which didn't work with iMac 19,1.

I've been using @esafeddies EFI on my Aorus Pro (no wifi) board. Also moved to 1,1 and it's been very stable. Also playing DRM content. Also running the latest Big Sur Beta.

SO my question to @esafeddies....any plans to move to Z490?

I've been using @esafeddies EFI on my Aorus Pro (no wifi) board. Also moved to 1,1 and it's been very stable. Also playing DRM content. Also running the latest Big Sur Beta.

SO my question to @esafeddies....any plans to move to Z490?

Waiting for the final release of BS before I make the transition, as you have discovered the Z390 is rock solid with the Pro1,1 Mac model so it's a decision I will make when I see more successful builds on the Z490 Format.

Waiting for the final release of BS before I make the transition, as you have discovered the Z390 is rock solid with the Pro1,1 Mac model so it's a decision I will make when I see more successful builds on the Z490 Format.

@esafeddie good to know. I'm not comfortable with the ACPI process, and will probably beg for yours (EFI) when you do.... I took the gamble when Z390 came out, and managed through a number of problems, hoping to cut those down on my next leap. thanks!

Back