Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Ok this is my very latest OC build running on my machine as of now without any problems. If I may suggest, google the name Audiogod, his threads caters exclusively for Gigabyte z390 boards with various examples of EFI Folders with CFG locked and un-locked, plus various BIOS versions also file to unlock board's CFG. He gives simple to understand step by step methods for Clover and OC so carefully read the two threads and you'll be fine.

I am on a Z390 I aorus pro wifi, i would say that the firmware is not compatible with each other!!??

Audio is working on my setup using the 0.59 config provided here. using that EFI folder was by far the easiest hack install Ive ever done (minus the bios mod that just didn't work) Id seriously consider formatting and starting over clean without any clover files remaining. I was able to use migration assistant without any problems to restore a time machine backup from my genuine mac.

Audio is working on my setup using the 0.59 config provided here. using that EFI folder was by far the easiest hack install Ive ever done (minus the bios mod that just didn't work) Id seriously consider formatting and starting over clean without any clover files remaining. I was able to use migration assistant without any problems to restore a time machine backup from my genuine mac.

Having simply boot issues now, reset the NVram by mistake and its all gone crazy

Ok, so here's where I'm at..

using the 0.59 provided and now I have the bios mod working.. DO NOT try to flash the patch with QFlash, its not a modded bios file but its actually a modded bios profile! (no harm will be done but it simply won't find the file)

reset bios, load profile from usb, save profile. boot from 0.59 EFI (no need to add cfg value to TRUE as set in bios now) with edited serial number etc for your setup.

that's it.. nothing else required, everything is working

Having simply boot issues now, reset the NVram by mistake and its all gone crazy

When you reset the NvRAM you're suppose to go straight into the BIOS on the reboot and choose Opencore as your boot device and disable the named disk you was booting from previously, how hard can that be? Opencore will now be your boot up disk.

When you reset the NvRAM you're suppose to go straight into the BIOS on the reboot and choose Opencore as your boot device and disable the named disk you was booting from previously, how hard can that be? Opencore will now be your boot up disk.

Thanks man. Was not aware of that!!!!! Give that a try in a few minutes. Where are you getting your info from? Love to do some more reading on this?

Thanks man. Was not aware of that!!!!! Give that a try in a few minutes. Where are you getting your info from? Love to do some more reading on this?
Google Audiogod he has two Threads exclusively dealing with Gigabyte Z390 pro and wifi, Clover and Opencore, easy to follow steps plus working examples of EFI Folders with different BIOS versions.

Google Audiogod he has two Threads exclusively dealing with Gigabyte Z390 pro and wifi, Clover and Opencore, easy to follow steps plus working examples of EFI Folders with different BIOS versions.

Getting the system ready for a new install. To much screwing around with what clover have left behind.

I'm currently trying to add IntelBluetoothFirmware Kext. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intelbluetoothfirmware.292798/
Apparently works for this mobo.
My Fenvi card is weeks away (international shipping delays due to covid) and Id like my magic mouse working..

Any help with installing these kexts most welcome.

I've added them to the kext folder in EFI and added the following to config.plist but not sure if I need to do more as its not working so far.
Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.50.51.png

@ rob1980 - I really don't understand the need for you to be adding extra kexts to your kext folder and config.plist, if you're using the EFI Folder I posted, every thing will work OOB including B/Tooth. I don't use the kext you mentioned as it is not necessary, If it was needed it would have been included. The EFI folder was configured for optimal operation, all you needed to add was your personal data i.e S/N, MLB, ROM and SmUUID to the config.plist - At this point if your going to butcher the contents of the folder, there is no more I can do to help also probably a good time for you to learn and correct your errors. Good luck.

Back