Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

OK - Here is the other way that will work - If your present Bios version is 12c, forget about updating it or changing it with the BIOS File I sent you Stick with 12c, just double check that it is still version 12c. Check that your BIOS is setup for Opencore once again, if all is ok so far, open the config.plist within my EFI Folder with PlistEdit Pro (you can use Xcode but this can be quirky at times) and edit the two lines as shown. Save the changes and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 23.02.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 23.02.12.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 78
Ok I think you should stop messing with your BIOS incase you brick your board, just follow my instructions in Post #102 because my initial instructions should not be that difficult to follow so I posted an easier solution that will work just fine with CFG Locked.

Ok I think you should stop messing with your BIOS incase you brick your board, just follow my instructions in Post #102 because my initial instructions should not be that difficult to follow so I posted an easier solution that will work just fine with CFG Locked.

I've backed up the bios, there's nothing more I can try, it simply doesn't see that bios update file anyway..
Ive edited your config.plist with my serial etc., set CFG both to YES what's the advantage of disabling CFG with Grubshell vs the Plist edit?

its booting up to a black screen at the moment, you did mention I might need to add something for my graphics to work?

Thanks for your help

I've backed up the bios, there's nothing more I can try, it simply doesn't see that bios update file anyway..
Ive edited your config.plist with my serial etc., set CFG both to YES what's the advantage of disabling CFG with Grubshell vs the Plist edit?

its booting up to a black screen at the moment, you did mention I might need to add something for my graphics to work?

Thanks for your help

I'll elaborate.. the apple logo shows up, MacOS sprogress bar completes then im greeted with a black screen (my monitor is receiving a signal just no picture)

So you can get a better understanding - The Official Gigabyte latest Bios version is 12c, the file I sent you was requested and modified by Gigabyte to facilitate the ease of CFG Lock and Unlock. I dare say it is a beta hence the reason it is not on general release. I've installed it and I did not have to mess with Grub files and it is working perfect. As I have have stated you can install Opencore with your CFG Locked as I have shown you.

Ok google black screen with RX5700, it is an easy fix - did you edit the two lines as shown? (agdpmod=pikera add this to boot arg in Config.plist should take care of black screen).

PS - PlistEdit Pro is not a CFG un-locker it is just a very efficient config.plist editor.

Last edited:
So you can get a better understanding - The Official Gigabyte latest Bios version is 12c, the file I sent you was requested and modified by Gigabyte to facilitate the ease of CFG Lock and Unlock. I dare say it is a beta hence the reason it is not on general release. I've installed it and I did not have to mess with Grub files and it is working perfect. As I have have stated you can install Opencore with your CFG Locked as I have shown you.
ah sorry i think you misunderstood me.. I was comparing the the plist edit vs using Grubshell to unlock CFG.. ie
Code:
setup_var 0x5C1 0x00
I was just wondering if either has an advantage.. as that was the method I used to originally setup.. having the bios modded to include that option rather than doing it via Grub would be far better of course, so I'll wait until that's working for others and perhaps I can find out where I went wrong..

I edited the plist to bypass the cfg locked status, I'll add agdpmod=pikera as a boot arg..

Thank you so much for your help!!

Back