Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sir
i have a question, After you helped me get my Battery Status to work my Battery always on red alert "battery Low" even in the windows same problem. i had a windows on different SSD and i faced this problem after patching battery.
also i did fresh install and it ask me to blug my charger while i install the Catalina and the battery was 92%

please help me.

image attached
I’ll double check the patch and see if I can spot something wrong

@hawk2212 @moh.96

i have a question, After you helped me get my Battery Status to work my Battery always on red alert "battery Low" even in the windows same problem. i have a windows on different SSD and i faced this problem after patching battery i think patching battery corrupt windows partition.also i did fresh install and it ask me to blag my charger while i install the Catalina and the battery was 92%

please help me.

image attached
I see you updated your BIOS recently, as @hawk2212 informed me that there maybe some changes to the ACPI so it's better to dump your DSDT again and send it to me

better to use SSDT-Time and boot Windows through Windows Boot Manager and NOT through Opencore (also it's better to reset CMOS, google how to do that)

Edit: resetting CMOS should solve your problem in Windows (red battery indicator), but if you boot Win or MacOS through Opencore the problem will come back (probably due to corruption in the SystemMemory caused by the patch)

Last edited:
I’ll double check the patch and see if I can spot something wrong
thank you so much sir here is my EFI to check the patched that you did for me also i face same problem in windows too.
I see you updated your BIOS recently, as @hawk2212 informed me that there maybe some changes to the ACPI so it's better to dump your DSDT again and send it to me

better to use SSDT-Time and boot Windows through Windows Boot Manager and NOT through Opencore (also it's better to reset CMOS, google how to do that)

Edit: resetting CMOS should solve your problem in Windows (red battery indicator), but if you boot Win or MacOS through Opencore the problem will come back (probably due to corruption in the SystemMemory caused by the patch)
Hello sir, I resorted my bios to old one Which is the Sam one you patch it for me and I still have (red battery indicator)
I can update the bios again and post if for you to pack it for me if you can do that favor, what do you think

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 43

Hello, Sir as per request.
i dumped the dsdt.aml please patch the battery status for me again. i know i ask too much but thanks for helping me i appreciate you.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    129.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Hi @moh.96
are you able to help me with the patch today if it possible
attached dsdt update bios
thank you

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    129.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hi @moh.96
are you able to help me with the patch today if it possible
attached dsdt update bios
thank you
Hello
so I think if you try a patched DSDT then this can give us some idea where the error is, try this patched DSDT (also remove SSDT-BAT) and tell me the result

Note that Windows probably won't boot through Opencore if you are using DSDT

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 41
Hello
so I think if you try a patched DSDT then this can give us some idea where the error is, try this patched DSDT (also remove SSDT-BAT) and tell me the result

Note that Windows probably won't boot through Opencore if you are using DSDT
hello, last time you patched for me. i don't know how to patch do you want me to copy the dsdt into APCI folder and delete the SSDT-BAT from Kext folder?
is that right.

hello, last time you patched for me. i don't know how to patch do you want me to copy the dsdt into APCI folder and delete the SSDT-BAT from Kext folder?
is that right.
This DSDT is patched already so yes delete SSDT-BAT and also disable any battery renaming patches in your config plist
And lastly add DSDT to your ACPI folder and do OC clean snapshot via ProperTree and restart

It’s better to keep a backup of your EFI
Also reset nvram

Seems like HP changed ACPI related stuff in the latest BIOS. I've updated mine to 01.14.01 Rev.A and made some adjustments to the patch. Then created an SSDT-BAT and also SSDT-BATC with SSDT-DBAT, according to VirtualSMC documentation. No I have working battery status in macOS and it also doesn't corrupt Windows, when booted with OpenCore. So, you can grab these files for HP Probook 450 G5

View attachment 497350
Hello, thx for sharing

so I took a look at the patch and it seems a normal battery patch except for SSDT-BATC and SSDT-DBAT, I have seen like those patches before but I didn't quite understand it, mind linking me to the guides you followed ?

Hello, thx for sharing

so I took a look at the patch and it seems a normal battery patch except for SSDT-BATC and SSDT-DBAT, I have seen like those patches before but I didn't quite understand it, mind linking me to the guides you followed ?
Sure, take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back