Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

So my first venture over to Opencore has gone well however but it has thrown up a concern. If for any reason I get an unclean shutdown i.e. I'm at the picker list I think...crap I forgot to plug in that USB drive and push the reset button (no shutdown or restart option at the pick list)...then at best I'm back to a reset BIOS. At worst I need to use Flashback to recover the BIOS.

I've seen mention of Bootprotect but that doesn't seem to apply in the latest version of OC.

Any pointers?

Last edited:
Hi All,

So my first venture over to Opencore has gone well however but it has thrown up a concern. If for any reason I get an unclean shutdown i.e. I'm at the picker list I think...crap I forgot to plug in that USB drive and push the reset button (no shutdown or restart option at the pick list)...then at best I'm back to a reset BIOS. At worst I need to use Flashback to recover the BIOS.

I've seen mention of Bootprotect but that doesn't seem to apply in the latest version of OC.

Any pointers?
I also have a haswell machine and everything works great. In the latest version of OC bootstrap has been replaced by Lancheroption and as a choice you have to indicate "Short".

Hi All,

Any pointers?

Not 100% sure but could be related.

I also have a haswell machine and everything works great. In the latest version of OC bootstrap has been replaced by Lancheroption and as a choice you have to indicate "Short".
I think (not 100% sure) that this is only for a BIOS running on laptops.

It sounds interesting but seems to look at excluding AppleRTC writing to areas not supported by the hardware. I think me issue is a stage before that. I don't even need to boot into OSX.

Steps to reproduce:

1: Power on system
2: Get presented with Picker List
3: Press reset or power off

3 out of 4 times, the BIOS will hang rebooting (ASUS op code 99, waiting for SuperIO). Then the only way to fix it is to remove all USB/SATA devices and try again but more often...FlashBack the BIOS.

If I shutdown cleanly, not a problem. A good workaround would be to have a 'Shutdown or Reboot' option in the Picker List.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back