HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
As many of us we have replace the original screen of our Laptop I will post a solution for the old panel in case someone want to use it as a second display.

Take a look at THIS link for a controller board.

I try it and is working perfect! :D :D

My panel's model number is LP156WH4 TLD1. You can also ask the seller about your panel in order to load the correct firmwire to the controller board. They are very friendly and they will help you.
The price is ok and I think is worth it.

I agree, we need to do something with those old LED screens. Mine is a Samsung LTN156A05 (I think) and I have been wanting to do something with it.
Your source also offers empty shells for screens which is interesting.

I've been toying with an idea for a while, and haven't tossed that one but I was wondering if you could hook the old screen up to the laptop via VGA or HDMI. So it would need its own casing, but when you would fit a 0.4mm thin resistive 15.6" touchscreen to it that works via USB.... it could be almost like an iPad Extension to the Probook.
AFAIK the screen works on 3.3V so that is a bit awkward. So this idea is put on the slow burner.

The other idea is to hook it up to a small small MAC (Hackintosh). And I mean, SMALL. Intel has defined the what they call thin Mini Itx platform specifications for AIO all in ones.
Aha... after some digging I see these main differences between mini ITX and thin mini ITX:
1. Thin Mini ITX uses a special heatpipe fan assembly. It's called HTS1155LP where LP stands for Low Profile. This enables a very very low profile case as the fan sits not on top of the CPU but is mounted like a laptop assembly.
2. Thin Mini ITX has a LVDS header on board. Rings a bell!!?? AFAIK you can hook up the old LED screen directly with the old cable to it, as it is a 40pin cable. If not, then a replacement can be bought... :D So no VGA or HDMI hook up... no gfx card...
3. It is recommended according to the Intel spec brief to use an external power supply a la Mac Mini. And I agree, it looks almost like a laptop so... and power supplies are by far the bulkiest piece in a computer to build in.

One of the motherboards that does all this is the Intel DH16AG. As far as I have built systems with Intel motherboards, well.. they're different. Not necessarily easier to setup.
But I also saw that Gigabyte is having a board in this range, and that sparked interest.

Gigabyte seems to want to build or is building, the MSQ77DI. This is interesting I think. The Q77 chipset is AFAIK mostly and normally only shipped to companies. But, it will be Ivy Bridge....!!!

A little desktop like built in a Lian Li PC-Q05A (aluminum color) or the B in black...
With a the 15.6" from our laptops hooked up directly to the LVDS header, and a touchscreen in front of it... hmmm...
Could also be perfect for your home media center, internet on your TV etc.

Although the Intel motherboard is available, the case isn't till next month or so.

Still... cost wise, you will spend close to 500 dollar. And then: why not buy a Mac Mini then!!! :banghead:

Can someone give me link where can I buy a HD screen for 4530s 15"...

borg_hitman said:
Can someone give me link where can I buy a HD screen for 4530s 15"...
Click on the "bought here" in my signature???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back