Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

How do we find out what firmware version we are running?

About this Mac
System Report
Serial-ATA
look for your SSD, the Firmware version is there

me too having the same problem..no hdmi output in menu

+1

Can't get the HDMI device to show up in the menu - ideas?

I ran Unibeast and Multibeast and everything looked good. But it won't boot from the hard drive.
I have to hit f12 and boot from the usb stick otherwise I get this

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

and then it stops there.

If I boot from the usb everything is good until I reboot.
I can't figure out how to fix it.

Please help

Steve

If I hit f12 and boot from the usb then I get the chimera screen with the usb and mountain lion (name of the partition on the hard drive) option
I choose mountain lion and then it boots but the when I shut down its back to the same no boot

I just noticed when I choose Mountain Lion and hit enter it flashes
incorrect image signature
in the upper left corner of the screen

Hi, I've upgraded my Customac Mini 2011 to the new 2012 by switching out only my motherboard to the z77n-wifi. I kept my 2600k HD3000 cpu, and have successfully edited the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext as required. Everything runs well except I am unable to run my dual 20" Apple Cinema Displays which worked fine with HDMI adapters on H67N-USB3-B3 before.

I have tried both with and without the DSDT.

One note that may or may not be related, I have discovered an incompatibility between the z77n motherboard and Apple Cinema displays. The gigabyte Bios screen is garbled because of a limitation of the Apple display, but boots and displays the OS fine. A minor inconvenience since I can use a different display to edit the bios.

Does anyone have any advice?

I just updated the top post to include settings to enable HDMI Audio via the new DSDTs. ;)
I had a good deal of trouble getting HDMI to work with the GA-Z77N-wifi. I thought i had done everything correctly with the DSDT and couldn't figure out why HDMI wasn't showing in "system preferences" and of course not working. I sent Toleda the zipped DSDT and IO Registry in one of the other forum threads and he immediately knew the problem. It is necessary to plug the HDMI cable into the BOTTOM HDMI PORT. Because it was more convenient, i had it plugged into the top port. A simple thing like this was the problem. I hope this helps someone.

Is anyone else having an issue with their graphics with this set up:
* Intel Core i3-3225
* Gigabyte H77N-WIFI

I have 10.8.2 (non-dsdt, latest multibeast and unibeast) installed but my graphics are being reported as an 'Intel HD Graphics 2500' and i can tell their is no acceleration! My monitor is plugged in via the bottom HDMI port.

i've tried reinstalling everything but i get the same issue - anyone else?

Back