Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use another usb stick or a usb hdd.
I had the same problem with my 8GB USB Stick, change to usb hdd solve the problem

Hate to be a bonehead but I can't find the step by step guise for the cutosmac mini. pls help. h67n-usb3-b3 i3 2105

ujx385 said:
Hate to be a bonehead but I can't find the step by step guise for the cutosmac mini. pls help. h67n-usb3-b3 i3 2105
Please... :rolleyes:

I think it´s in progress ;)

install the latest version from lion from the appstore with multibeast. There is a guide.
After installation boot lion via unibeast and install multibeast.

blob810 said:
Use another usb stick or a usb hdd.
I had the same problem with my 8GB USB Stick, change to usb hdd solve the problem
Thx for the input! :)
I'll try that and report back if it fixed the problem.

jfuoco said:
Has anyone had any luck using this Dell IR Reciever?

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Microsoft ... B0041EATS4

I'm trying to eventually use my Logitech Harmony 890 to control Plex. I understand it is possible to use a MacBook Pro IR and attach it to the MoBo, but I'd rather use the USB dongle since I already have it.

Thanks guys.

Put the guts from the genuine Apple IR receiver in the dongle (I did that with an Asus IR receiver that came with a mobo I had).

joarce said:
Anyone know if this GPU will fit in the Apex case:

http://www.amazon.com/EN210-SILENT-1GD3 ... 004I8W4VI/

2" is really thick, i don't think there is any chance that fits width wise. Get a similar card with a small active cooling fan. The fans on cards this small are whisper quiet and get their power right from the pci slot. Unless you've got a really crappy fan, or are in like a monastery, I cant imagine a fan less silent solution is that much quieter then the small fans.

Is your CPU cooler fan less? If not that fan is going to be much louder then the tiny one on the vid card.

I followed the directions to the letter (i think.) I have a working system, im just happy about that.

**HDMI out out works until a few seconds after post.
I have a DVI to HDMI cable, that works fine.
I use optical out to my 5.1 system. Netflix and Hulu look and sound great.
Installed the last version of Boxee software and took down my boxee box.

**USB 3.0 ports don't work for me
**front USB work, but not well for loading an image from a USB drive (seems to be common with many computers)

I have the exact opposite issue with my video out.

gstarraw96 said:
hi,
i have got a custom mac mini with the gigabyte ga h61n motherboard.
everything worked fine. hdmi, audio, wifi, ...

but

today i tried to reinstall mac os x lion on my custom mac mini.
my problem is that i do not get the dvi port to work, which i do need for the install.
it is only possible to boot with hdmi connected. with dvi or vga i only get a black screen.
i installed win7 for testing but no way, i still do not get dvi to work.
does anybody have a idea what could be the problem?

thanks a lot

gstarraw96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back