Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yurez54 said:
alecxx said:
i finally managed to install 10.7.2 server perfectly...BUT even f i didn't experienc artifacts, i'm pretty sure speedstep isn't working, and on a FANLESS system, even my 2105 get hot...

how can i check if speedstep is enabled or not?

i tried with smc monitor app BUT it didn't show anything in the main window..even even, Pstates are all liste (1600-3100) in the pstates tab....

thnx

Most likely you made a mistake somewhere ...

well SRCdumper shows various pstates: 16 21 23 27 31 (i'm running a 2105), so my question is:

is the cpu only switching between min (1600) and max (3100), how can i check if it really works?
should i enable something in Bios?

Anyone using USB dongle wifi on their mini? I'm using the alternate board and picked up a little tiny airlink 101 dongle.

http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.as ... sb-adapter

Installed the mac osx software for 10.7, and it connects perfect at long in.

However, every time the computer sleeps while the wifi is on, when it wakes up the wifi wont connect, the airlink app says enable the dongle in system settings / network, and system settings / network says the card is unplugged. Odd for a wifi card as its the same message ethernet gives if the network cable is unplugged (but there is no cable obviously)

I built this mini as a family computer in the living room (where there is no ethernet) for use by my wife and 10 year old. Both of them have limited capacity for troubleshooting I just need it to work for them when they sit down.

If the logged in user logs out, and the computer is back at the user selecting / log in splash screen and the computer sleeps there, either by x minutes passing or hitting the sleep button, when it wakes up and someone logs in, it works fine. The issue only happens when the computer sleeps during a logged in session when wifi is on. The only way to get the wifi back when this happens is to reboot.

I'm hoping there is a solution for this (I guess I'll buy a new dongle if i have to) because i cant control my wife's and son's behavior of not logging out and the computer sleeping, then not having wifi when it wakes up.

Help or suggestions is appreciated.

Anybody having trouble with their homebrewed "real" airport card in 10.7.3? After updating, everything works fine except the wifi card is not recognized. A few others seem to be having the same problem with other builds.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48314

seanatki said:
Anybody having trouble with their homebrewed "real" airport card in 10.7.3? After updating, everything works fine except the wifi card is not recognized. A few others seem to be having the same problem with other builds.

I post my problem too.
I fix the problem replacing the Atheros with a Broadcom original airport.

santitf said:
seanatki said:

I post my problem too.

Seeing as I just don't have a Broadcom card lying around, that isn't going to work for me. I guess I'm mainly just curious as to what happened in this update to cause certain cards (some of which, like my atheros, are used in actual macs) to stop working?

seanatki said:
santitf said:
seanatki said:

I post my problem too.

Seeing as I just don't have a Broadcom card lying around, that isn't going to work for me. I guess I'm mainly just curious as to what happened in this update to cause certain cards (some of which, like my atheros, are used in actual macs) to stop working?
Hi. Try to pull off, boot the system, shutdown and install the pci adapter again. This fix for a few reboots the airport. Then it turned off again.
Before, boot with -v (verbose mode) and try to take a photo at the last lines of command: I saw something like: cache boot.......Airport.......... (load error). Maybe there are somebody who "translate" this line and find a way to fix it!!

bc24 said:
for Toleda,since I did the Tuneup kit v4 after updating to 10.7.3, I assume it replaced the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (I ran Kextbeast with the tuneupkitv4 version on the desktop). The info on that file in my S/L/E is 7.12.9. Should I have a version that corresponds to 10.7.3? What would that version number be?
The CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit v4 is for 10.7.2 only. The 10.7.3 AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext v7.18.11 is recommended in 10.7.3. For audio, The most recent 889 AppleHDA.kext for the CustoMac Mini is available here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. There are no plans currently for a Tuneup Kit v5.

alecxx said:
well SRCdumper shows various pstates: 16 21 23 27 31 (i'm running a 2105), so my question is:

is the cpu only switching between min (1600) and max (3100), how can i check if it really works?
should i enable something in Bios?
MSRDumper is telling you SpeedStep is working. macmini5,1 has only 5 p-states. No changes required, everything is good.

toleda said:
bc24 said:
for Toleda,since I did the Tuneup kit v4 after updating to 10.7.3, I assume it replaced the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (I ran Kextbeast with the tuneupkitv4 version on the desktop). The info on that file in my S/L/E is 7.12.9. Should I have a version that corresponds to 10.7.3? What would that version number be?
The CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit v4 is for 10.7.2 only. The 10.7.3 AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext v7.18.11 is recommended in 10.7.3. For audio, The most recent 889 AppleHDA.kext for the CustoMac Mini is available here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. There are no plans currently for a Tuneup Kit v5.

Toleda, does that 889AppleHDA.kext ensure that HDMI audio AND video will work on 10.7.3? I currently am running 10.7.2 and the HDMI audio and video work flawlessly and seeing as this is my HTPC (and I don't have cable), I don't want to update and then not be able to use the CustoMac Mini for its intended purpose. Thanks for your advice/response in advance! :headbang:

Edit: System that I have:
H61 board (the alternate board)
8GB RAM
40GB SSD (boot) and a 2TB internal drive
No CD/DVD player
HD3000 Graphics (HDMI video+audio through on-board port).

LSUstang05 said:
Toleda, does that 889AppleHDA.kext ensure that HDMI audio AND video will work on 10.7.3? I currently am running 10.7.2 and the HDMI audio and video work flawlessly and seeing as this is my HTPC (and I don't have cable), I don't want to update and then not be able to use the CustoMac Mini for its intended purpose. Thanks for your advice/response in advance! :headbang:
The simple answer is yes. More precisely, AppleHDA.kext provides HDMI audio and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext handles HDMI video. In 10.7.3, no edits are required to the native kexts for HD3000 HDMI audio and video.

A suggestion, before you update, make a bootable backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back