Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys when I use the hdmi audio kexts in the tuneup kit I can get any of the speaker outputs or the line in to show in system prefs dows anyone know a fix ? thanks :)

esmaru said:
I don't know if I should be asking this here but... I am trying to get my box to dual boot. I got my mac working but windows 7 is having issues when you set the on-chip frame buffer size to 480. I tried 64, 128, 256, 480. It feels like windows runs slower as you up the size. at 480 it is pretty much stalled.

also i been looking around online and I see that intel hd 3000 supports DVMT (up to 1.7 GB). does OSX lion support this? this might be a stupid question but doesn't this mean we can set it to 64 in the bios and as long as lion request more memory it would work? I'm going to try installing lion with 64 MB on-chip frame buffer size. if anyone already know this will fail horrible please tell me so i don't waste 2 hours XD

my system
CPU: i5-2500k
Motherboard: GA-Z68XP-UD3 REV 1.0 F6
Ram: 2 x (G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL)

so after more testing 288 might not be a good setting... I had 1 crash in safari 2 in chrome and 1 failed boot with hex code on the load screen. go 480 if you can

KidCastro said:
masti01 said:
It's good to know... :| thank You for info. So its possible to put any better, compatible card in that case??

Check out the wiki man... plenty of info on which cards work 100% OOB.

You dont have to buy an expensive 6870.... definitelly dont buy the 6850.

See my sig. 6850 works beautifully with AtiConfig=bulrushes AtiPorts=4 in the org.chameleon.boot.plist.

KidCastro said:
Hi Toleda, since you use the same board. Do your USB 3.0 ports work?
:?
I tested USB 3.0 today based on your request. Installed the 1.0.7 PXHCD from MultiBeast. Reboot and SuperSpeed Bus shows up in System Profiler with a speed of 480 Mb/s. I used a disk drive adapter with the USB 3.0 interface and a SSD. As a test, I used SuperDuper to copy a 18.5 GB OS X partition on a SSD to the drive adapter/SSD. The top speed was 50 mb/s. Unfortunately, the copy stopped with a "Device was not ejected properly..." error message at about 12.5 GB transferred.

Reran the same test with the 1.0.8 driver. Same error at 13 GB.

Ahhh Toleda, thanks for testing man... So I guess we will stick to USB 2.0 for now.

Hows your eSATA?[/quote]

I have the same prob with my Gigabyte Mb and WD USB 3 drive. The WD drive disappears with the Volume not ejected properly message after around 10 - 15 GB transferred.

A buffer / kext issue by the sounds of it.

Great news! My Hackintosh Works OOB =)

Specs:

Intel Core i3 - 2100 (Intel Graphics 2000) - $150
Gigabyte H61N-USB3 (F2 BIOS) - $150
Kingston DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz (Only 1 Stick) - $27
MSI Geforce N210 512MB DDR3 (GT 210 GPU) - $79
160GB Samsung HDD 2.5" (From an old MacBook Pro) - FREE
Powerlogic Allegro 200 Casing - $53

Total Cost: $459 (Singapore Dollars) / $352 (US Dollars)

It is recognized as a Mac Pro Early 2008.

I tried using MultiBeast to install the DSDT for the H61N-USB3, but that caused a lot of problems - my ethernet port stopped working, and sound didn't come on. And when I tried to install the Easy DSDT it crashed the entire system, and couldn't reboot - So I had to reinstall.

Right now I am using Mac OS X 10.7.2 as is, without any DSDT file. I have also created a Time Machine back-up, should it crash completely again. Any idea how I can get sound, and the other peripherals functioning? But its pretty sweet so far :) No problems at all, so I'm wondering if I should even mess with the DSDT. (Oh wait the USB Interface hangs sometimes, but rarely)

Anyone know how to get the vga port working? I have the same build as the customac mini 2011. Right now i have a dvi to hdmi adapter for my monitor but it flickers and has little red dots all over. So i wanna just connect to via.

Also where exactly do i change this, in the bios? "480mb shared video RAM for onboard graphics with 8GB RAM" I cannot find it?

Thank you for the help :)

ssuhy7781 said:
Anyone know how to get the vga port working? I have the same build as the customac mini 2011. Right now i have a dvi to hdmi adapter for my monitor but it flickers and has little red dots all over. So i wanna just connect to via.

Also where exactly do i change this, in the bios? "480mb shared video RAM for onboard graphics with 8GB RAM" I cannot find it?

Thank you for the help :)

The artifacts come with the HD3000. It's not the adapter's fault.
At the On-Chip Frame Buffer Size can you adjust the shared memory in the BIOS.

Has anyone tried this build with a picopsu? Just curious if that has enough power.

Thank you Mate94 :) I changed the video ram in the bios. Weird about my monitor though. When i connect my hdmi tv to the customac mini the picture looks great and i don't see any of the little red snow like dots all over and screen does not flicker. But when i use my dvi monitor in the dvi to hdmi converter it just looks unuesable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back