Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connie Mac said:
abreis said:
Is everyone who's having issues running on i3-2105s? That could be it.

I am running the i5-2405s (quad core 65 watt).

dmreddy said:
How many of you guys with artifacts are running 8gig of ram?

Yes, I have 2x4GB sticks.

I had read something somewhere that when you run more then 4gb of memory, OSx assumes you have 512mb video ram, which is greater then whats allocated in the bios.

try removing one of the sticks and see if that helps?

Sorry for possibly duplicate question, I think I checked first (!) - how do I enable the black line out? I tried all my output options (Audio MIDI Setup), but only one worked (green out). What am I missing here?

dmreddy said:
Connie Mac said:
abreis said:
Is everyone who's having issues running on i3-2105s? That could be it.

I am running the i5-2405s (quad core 65 watt).

dmreddy said:
How many of you guys with artifacts are running 8gig of ram?

Yes, I have 2x4GB sticks.

I had read something somewhere that when you run more then 4gb of memory, OSx assumes you have 512mb video ram, which is greater then whats allocated in the bios.

try removing one of the sticks and see if that helps?

I am running 10.7.2, have tweaked the bios a little and put the graphics voltage to the "Normal" value (manually). I have 384MB shared ram set. As far as hardware, I have the exact setup as listed in the faq, minus 4GB of ram (only 4 GB total, one stick, the recommended one). I have artifacts every now and then on icons in the dock, and often they crop up as small lines across a single program (no certain one though, Twitter, my Citrix app, Aptana, etc.)

So it's probably not two sticks or 8GB of ram.

qzplx said:
New update after lomg process i managed to lion 10.7.

The problam is :| :
1. I only have vga output, not hdmi, this is poor man pc, hehehe, and i only have 1027x768 resolution.

2. I manage to boot only wit.h -v-f to get to lion,mnormal -v will hung in applehda.

My config is:
GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Bios f5
Intel core i3
2gb of ram
500gb of disk
And normal lcd monitor, can go to 1650 resolution

Any idea which configni have to used for multibeast 4?

I believe its should be simple, but seems like too tricky...
Video through VGA doesn't work. Only HDMI.

GinoDivx said:
Sorry for possibly duplicate question, I think I checked first (!) - how do I enable the black line out? I tried all my output options (Audio MIDI Setup), but only one worked (green out). What am I missing here?

System Preferences | Sound | Output | Line Out

how much slower will be this Mini-ITX system from one with a GB P55M-UD4 with 8GB ram and 9800 GT 1GB video card?
I don't use it for games or heavy video/photo edit, I may ue it to watch Movies on a Projector/50 inch TV.

I have right now a Lian-Li PC-V352 grate case but still to big, need something smaller like my original MacMini (have 2 C2D 2Ghz). Thx for help and inspiration.

Hi TonyMac,
i'm still looking for a VGA Fix on Intel HD 3000 , i would like to use an old monitor , but i want the QE/CI enabled ... :?:

Did you try yet any VGA port editing for intelHDGraphics.kext or Chimera Video enabler injection ?? :?:

Best Regards

PippoX0

pippox0 said:
Hi TonyMac,
i'm still looking for a VGA Fix on Intel HD 3000 , i would like to use an old monitor , but i want the QE/CI enabled ... :?:

Did you try yet any VGA port editing for intelHDGraphics.kext or Chimera Video enabler injection ?? :?:

Best Regards

PippoX0
Please don't double post.

Connie Mac said:
I don't have 1.005 as an option, only 1.000 and 1.010. I am currently set to 1.010 and I'll report back how it does.

I am now 24 hours with 1.010 as my setting and I have not seen a single display issue. Knocking on wood (once more).

Connie Mac said:
[quote="Connie Mac":313kj6ax]I don't have 1.005 as an option, only 1.000 and 1.010. I am currently set to 1.010 and I'll report back how it does.

I am now 24 hours with 1.010 as my setting and I have not seen a single display issue. Knocking on wood (once more).[/quote:313kj6ax]

I'm praying to God that you never have flickering issue! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back