Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kapfinger said:
boredoftheworld said:
How do I get the MB to post without having a usb keyboard plugged in?

BIOS -> Standard CMOS Features -> Halt on -> No Errors

Brilliant! Thank you!

tonymacx86 said:
Connie Mac said:
Ugggh. I just had an artifact line across my screen. This is the first I've seen since the Tuneup V3 installation yesterday. I may have to try to set the voltage to constant as caruck suggested.

Although I've not gotten artifacts since switching to 10.7.2, I've been testing on 2 systems- and I think setting voltage to 1.000 is the trick. Maybe the mac mini 5,1 has some kind of ceiling set, and the motherboard is trying to overpower it?

What made you choose 1.00?

Mine has been rock solid since setting to 1.050 (with graphics core clock set to 1100), but I really do think that it's setting it to something in the right region, other than auto that does it. When mine was set to auto I could see the voltage floating between 1.040 to 1.055. That can't be normal. Since setting to 1.050 I no longer see any kind of fluctuation when in the BIOS screen. And more importantly ... No artefacts at all. But... because the GPU uses system RAM, the right value for a particular system might also be dependant on the kind of memory and/or CPU in use.

Chris

Mate94 said:
GinoDivx said:
I decided to ask for help here - I've got all the components right (MB, i3-2105 etc.), retail Snow Leopard etc. I am running into a failure towards the end of Snow Leopard install. Basically, about 8 mins remaining it crashes. BUT, after a few attempts, it actually finishes. I then go to 10.6.8 update, and that ALWAYS crashes at the end (while Moving files), and I get grey screen of death. Any help/ideas please?
Update to 10.6.7 and make clean Lion install.
I am on 10.6.7 now, made very good progress!
BUT, need just a little more help - I ran MultiBeast with my custom DSDT (same as this thread requires), F7 HDMI Audio, but I am not able to get past the apple logo screen! iBoot works now at least, but I want to make sure it's completely working before switching to Lion.
I think DSDT worked, since it shows Core i3 in the About info...

Connie Mac said:
OK, I'm still getting artifacts with Graphics Core Voltage set to 1.050. I guess I'll try to set the graphics core to 1000 and see if that fixes the problem. Now, how do I set the Graphics Core to 1000? I didn't see it in the screen shot.

It's on another setting page.

BIOS -> M.I.T. Current Status -> Advanced Frequency Settings.

Page 34 of the manual.

I think the HD3000 is trolling with us. :problem:

GinoDivx said:
Mate94 said:
GinoDivx said:
I decided to ask for help here - I've got all the components right (MB, i3-2105 etc.), retail Snow Leopard etc. I am running into a failure towards the end of Snow Leopard install. Basically, about 8 mins remaining it crashes. BUT, after a few attempts, it actually finishes. I then go to 10.6.8 update, and that ALWAYS crashes at the end (while Moving files), and I get grey screen of death. Any help/ideas please?
Update to 10.6.7 and make clean Lion install.
I am on 10.6.7 now, made very good progress!
BUT, need just a little more help - I ran MultiBeast with my custom DSDT (same as this thread requires), F7 HDMI Audio, but I am not able to get past the apple logo screen! iBoot works now at least, but I want to make sure it's completely working before switching to Lion.
I think DSDT worked, since it shows Core i3 in the About info...
Solved the problem! I stupidly used MultiBeast 4.0.2 for Lion on Leopard install!
So, I just did reinstall and all works! I also found the UpdateHelper link, to allow for 10.6.8 install, and that worked. Now, I am going to try the Lion install. PITA but fun so far.

THANX guys for tune up kits v3!
It's GREAT work!

Paul said:
I still get artifacts with the graphics vcore set to 1.05
Set graphics core to 1000

This is yet another "setting GPU voltage to 1.000V fixed it for me" post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back