Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
carukc said:
Which USB Ports are you using? The ones next to the sound ports (under the network port) are for USB3 and do not work properly on my system either. I think that this might be because we do not have a proper driver for Renesas D720200 chip based USB3. I'm going to try to change the BIOS settings for these to USB2 to see if that gets them working.

I'm personally only using the USB2 ports. My concern is that some people in the upgrade thread have said that their USB ports (presumably the USB2 ports) stopped working after they applied the combo update, and because that rendered their keyboard and mouse inoperable it made it nearly impossible to recover from the situation without doing a complete reinstall from scratch (which is obciously something I'd prefer not to do). That's why I wondered if anyone had seen that particular problem with this hardware.

Please do let us know if you manage to get the USB3 ports working (as USB2 or USB3 ports).

Connie Mac said:
TreeMan2011 said:
What I want to know is, are you saying that after doing the combo update I should run the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3 in exactly the same way that I did it with the Mini Tuneup Kit version 2 after installing 10.7.1, and that doing that won't break anything in my existing installation?

Yes, if you can successfully boot into 10.7.2 you should be able to install the Tuneup V3 just as described in its readme file and that should do it.

So I should reboot into 10.7.2 first before installing version 3? And do I then still need to run MultiBeast? I'm just trying to figure out the proper sequence for doing this. So far, what I'm understanding is this:

Apply combo update
Reboot
Install CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3
Reboot again?
Check to see if sound is working; if not run MultiBeast and apply the AppleHDA rollback???

Please correct me if this is not right.

Note that right now I am using the Line Out device for sound, and that is working great (provided I use the correct output jack). If I use the "Internal Speakers" I get very "muddy" sound (no highs) whereas "Line Out" works fine. Will that change if I apply the combo update and the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3?

TreeMan2011 said:
So I should reboot into 10.7.2 first before installing version 3? And do I then still need to run MultiBeast?

I was already at 10.7.2 for a few days before applying the Tuneup V3. I did not rerun Multibeast. I simply followed the instructions from the V3 readme file and then rebooted.

Installation
1. Copy dsdt.aml and org.chameleon.Boot.plist in Extra folder to Extra folder on your hard drive
2. Copy kexts in customac_mini_tuneup_kext Folder to Desktop
3. Run KextBeast
4. Restart

TreeMan2011 said:
So I should reboot into 10.7.2 first before installing version 3? And do I then still need to run MultiBeast? I'm just trying to figure out the proper sequence for doing this. So far, what I'm understanding is this:

Apply combo update
Reboot
Install CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3
Reboot again?
Check to see if sound is working; if not run MultiBeast and apply the AppleHDA rollback???

Please correct me if this is not right.

Note that right now I am using the Line Out device for sound, and that is working great (provided I use the correct output jack). If I use the "Internal Speakers" I get very "muddy" sound (no highs) whereas "Line Out" works fine. Will that change if I apply the combo update and the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3?
To clarify:
Apply combo update
Reboot
Verify 10.7.2 install successful (including network)
Install Install CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3
Reboot
Verify sound

Note: Do not apply AppleHDA rollback as that disables HDMI audio. If you did apply AppleHDA rollback, reinstall Install CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit version 3.

I decided to ask for help here - I've got all the components right (MB, i3-2105 etc.), retail Snow Leopard etc. I am running into a failure towards the end of Snow Leopard install. Basically, about 8 mins remaining it crashes. BUT, after a few attempts, it actually finishes. I then go to 10.6.8 update, and that ALWAYS crashes at the end (while Moving files), and I get grey screen of death. Any help/ideas please?

GinoDivx said:
I decided to ask for help here - I've got all the components right (MB, i3-2105 etc.), retail Snow Leopard etc. I am running into a failure towards the end of Snow Leopard install. Basically, about 8 mins remaining it crashes. BUT, after a few attempts, it actually finishes. I then go to 10.6.8 update, and that ALWAYS crashes at the end (while Moving files), and I get grey screen of death. Any help/ideas please?
Update to 10.6.7 and make clean Lion install.

Thank you, I will give it a shot. Any idea why even the original 10.6 install is failing?

GinoDivx said:
Thank you, I will give it a shot. Any idea why even the original 10.6 install is failing?
Common issue. If it's boot up I think that just cosmetic issue.

Hi guys I'm trying to update to lion but it won't recognise my processor how do I fix this thanks ?

Does line in work for anyone? Is there a way to get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back