Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
menez93 said:
I would know if I use this hackintosh..Will I have problem with future update of LION??
please someone answer me
If you have a backup HDD there's no problem, or when an update come out wait for the feedbacks.

longtom: What about the PCI Root Fix?

I've now put together 4 hackintoshes in the last 3 years and I have to say the CustoMac Mini 2011 has been the most challenging. I followed the instructions to the letter, but could not get past the first Lion step where it prepares the 8 gb partition for the install (nor could I ever get Snow Leopard to boot on its own; I always needed iBoot). The error message was that it could not connect to the server, even though I had ethernet working just fine. So I tried cloning a Mac Pro with 10.7.2 and got the gray screen of death when booting it from iBoot. I then cloned my Mac Mini 2011 HD and used Multibeast to install the DSDT (from the DSDT database for this board with BIOS f7) and Utilities and it wouldn't boot using iBoot. It would go to the gray screen, but no spinning dial appeared. Finally, I tried booting with rBoot and it boots just fine - everything seems perfect. However, I am still unable to get it to boot directly from the hard drive (an SSD in this case). I have ethernet, my Bluetooth dongle (OWC) works fine with my Magic Mouse, but I have no sound. So, I would sure appreciate suggestions for:

1. Booting from the SSD
2. Getting my sound back

I feel like I'm really close, I just need a little help getting over the top.

TIA

Connie Mac said:
I've now put together 4 hackintoshes in the last 3 years and I have to say the CustoMac Mini 2011 has been the most challenging. I followed the instructions to the letter, but could not get past the first Lion step where it prepares the 8 gb partition for the install (nor could I ever get Snow Leopard to boot on its own; I always needed iBoot). The error message was that it could not connect to the server, even though I had ethernet working just fine. So I tried cloning a Mac Pro with 10.7.2 and got the gray screen of death when booting it from iBoot. I then cloned my Mac Mini 2011 HD and used Multibeast to install the DSDT (from the DSDT database for this board with BIOS f7) and Utilities and it wouldn't boot using iBoot. It would go to the gray screen, but no spinning dial appeared. Finally, I tried booting with rBoot and it boots just fine - everything seems perfect. However, I am still unable to get it to boot directly from the hard drive (an SSD in this case). I have ethernet, my Bluetooth dongle (OWC) works fine with my Magic Mouse, but I have no sound. So, I would sure appreciate suggestions for:

1. Booting from the SSD
2. Getting my sound back

I feel like I'm really close, I just need a little help getting over the top.

TIA

Install with this method, quick and easy: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

longtom said:

Running xMove, I check the retail install check box, select the installer partition when prompted where to install it (will be the formatted usb once I get xmove to work), click next, then it gives me the screen with the 2 check boxes again, I check retail install again, then it asks where to install, at which point I get the beach ball. Got xMove from the tonymac download page. How do I get it to do whatever it does? Can I just copy the InstallEst.dmg to the usb? Also, I burned that to a dvd - can I use that with the Gordo method instead of the usb stick?

gspro said:
longtom said:

Running xMove, I check the retail install check box, select the installer partition when prompted where to install it (will be the formatted usb once I get xmove to work), click next, then it gives me the screen with the 2 check boxes again, I check retail install again, then it asks where to install, at which point I get the beach ball. Got xMove from the tonymac download page. How do I get it to do whatever it does? Can I just copy the InstallEst.dmg to the usb? Also, I burned that to a dvd - can I use that with the Gordo method instead of the usb stick?

Mount InstallESD.dmg and then run Xmove!

OK, this is really bizarre. I tried rebooting from the SSD twice and nothing happened. Tried it a third time and - it booted! I have no idea why. I did not install anything. I have now successfully rebooted 5 times from the SSD. I did, however, lose ethernet. I installed the Tuneup kexts for this board and sound was restored. I reran Multibeast but chose the Realtek ethernet driver this time and rebooted and now ethernet works. It looks as though I am finally set up. Strange.

what is better?? this hackintosh or the latest mac mini (mac mini with lowest price in the apple store)..
i will use LION only for multimedial software..final cut, photoshop, ableton

menez93 said:
what is better?? this hackintosh or the latest mac mini (mac mini with lowest price in the apple store)..
i will use LION only for multimedial software..final cut, photoshop, ableton

This question doesn't make sense.

Connie Mac said:
OK, this is really bizarre. I tried rebooting from the SSD twice and nothing happened. Tried it a third time and - it booted! I have no idea why. I did not install anything. I have now successfully rebooted 5 times from the SSD. I did, however, lose ethernet. I installed the Tuneup kexts for this board and sound was restored. I reran Multibeast but chose the Realtek ethernet driver this time and rebooted and now ethernet works. It looks as though I am finally set up. Strange.

Any artifacts so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back