Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
longtom said:
Mate94 said:
longtom said:
Artefacts i don't have anymore!
But i have flickering with white noise (maybe due to my LCD, but works anyway with my MACmini (Mid2011)).

Flickering white noise... WTF? What is that? :D
Maybe your framerate is bad? :?

I'll check framerate with MacMini, with CustoMac it is 60Hz at 1920x1200 (should be OK).
I use HDMI cable with HDMI to DVI adapter on LCD.

Same settings in Macmini and CustoMac!

Maybe your framerate is bad? :?[/quote]

I'll check framerate with MacMini, with CustoMac it is 60Hz at 1920x1200 (should be OK).
I use HDMI cable with HDMI to DVI adapter on LCD.[/quote]

Same settings in Macmini and CustoMac![/quote]

PCI Root Fix?

Mate94 said:
Maybe your framerate is bad? :?

I use HDMI cable with HDMI to DVI adapter on LCD.[/quote]

Same settings in Macmini and CustoMac![/quote]

PCI Root Fix?[/quote]

I'll check tomorrow!

Would it be possible to clone my Mac Pro's drive (10.7.2) to a 1TB partition, then just use that cloned drive as the boot drive for the CustoMac Mini 2011? The path would be boot with iBoot and then run Multibeast 4 to install the other items onto the cloned hard drive?

Connie Mac said:
Would it be possible to clone my Mac Pro's drive (10.7.2) to a 1TB partition, then just use that cloned drive as the boot drive for the CustoMac Mini 2011? The path would be boot with iBoot and then run Multibeast 4 to install the other items onto the cloned hard drive?

Yes, that's also the way i have done it!
(For the first time).

OK, thanks - I'll give that a try first. Can you tell me if the 6 gb/s SATA ports are useable for the boot drive under Lion?

Connie Mac said:
OK, thanks - I'll give that a try first. Can you tell me if the 6 gb/s SATA ports are useable for the boot drive under Lion?
MOD: Nothing.

I built a similar machine (same mainboard) and I can't get sleep to work.

What I did/tried so far:
Took the SSD (with Lion installed) from my MBP, booted Lion with rBoot.
Used MultiBeast UserDSDT with the DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml from the database.
Installed the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit.

When I initiate Sleep, only the screen goes black, hard disks and fans keep spinning. I can't wake it up again (neither with one time, nor with two times pressing the power button).

What now?

Model Identifier: Macmini5,1
Intel Core i5-2500K
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 F7
2x4 GB Ram
OCZ Vertex 2 (1st generation, firmware updated to current version) as boot drive.
Two more SATA hard disks, no optical drive.
No graphics card beside the HD3000.

EDIT: I don't really need sleep, I want hibernate / suspend to disk. But I guess there is no way to get it working without sleep working.

Exploding CD!

(Edit - Moderators, please move this to where I intended it to be: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412&start=270 - Sorry!)

I was burning iBoot to a CD for my Lion install and the damned thing exploded in the drive. There are litterally hundreds of pieces of CD remnants in the drive. I've never seen this happen before. Any ideas what might have caused it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back