Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
longtom said:
Which ATI cards would fit best OOB?
Above the recommended 5570.

I don't know in this configuration, but on a microATX case I installed a sapphire hd5670 that simply worked out of the box :)

Just curious if anyone has experienced a situation where when you start the computer up and it starts to load the operating system them stops and says memeory allocation error oxoebeef or something and the system halts. I had a working mac mini install until i switched monitors. The only thing I can think of is i was using a 1920 x1080 dell monitor that had a hdmi to dvi converter on it (this setup worked fine) then switched to another dell monitor 2048x1142 hdmi to hdmi. Is is possible the resolution is not supported in Iboot, Rboot or a regular boot so its giving me an error. I am unable to run Iboot or Rboot currently without getting this error. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I used the Gordo method to get OS x Lion.

setup:
gigabyet h67n
intel i3 2105 sandybridge

tonymacx86 said:
SweetAmmonia said:
What are people getting on GeekBench with these builds? I'm tempted to build one these with a i5 2500K processor, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if I can't take advantage of overclocking it. I'd get separate graphics card so I wouldn't need the HD3000. Has anybody tried dual booting Window 7 with these? I have about $600 to put towards a build and I'm wondering if this should be the one. I'm new to the whole hackintosh scene and any advice with what I should build would be greatly appreciated.

A 2500K at stock speeds gets about 9700 in Geekbench on any Gigabyte 1155 board. Hope this helps!
Any graphics artifacts for you tony? Everything works fine/went fine with the Mini?

At least for my combination with HD3000 and my Yuraku LCD i have flickering with white noise (even on a fresh install with 10.7.2).

With my Mac mini it works!

So, it is not 100% running for me.
I'll wait for fix or try with another LCD screen.

I hope we can can get VGA /intel HD 3000 working on GA-H67N-USB3 because i want to use in dual boot with Windows and i have a VGA LCD 23" monitor ....

Good time of day to all! Tell me where you can download CustoMac Mini-Tuneup in my system, everything works except the HDMI Audio :problem:

sergey19687 said:
Good time of day to all! Tell me where you can download CustoMac Mini-Tuneup in my system, everything works except the HDMI Audio :problem:
In the 2nd post?

sergey19687 said:

You need HDMI Audio DSDT.aml from the database!

SweetAmmonia said:
What are people getting on GeekBench with these builds? I'm tempted to build one these with a i5 2500K processor, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if I can't take advantage of overclocking it. I'd get separate graphics card so I wouldn't need the HD3000. Has anybody tried dual booting Window 7 with these? I have about $600 to put towards a build and I'm wondering if this should be the one. I'm new to the whole hackintosh scene and any advice with what I should build would be greatly appreciated.
I got mine for 590$, and it gets 11.5k geekbench score, which is the same score as my previous build, which costed 1100$. Components are below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 11.42.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 11.42.49 AM.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 107
Paul said:
SweetAmmonia said:
I got mine for 590$, and it gets 11.5k geekbench score, which is the same score as my previous build, which costed 1100$. Components are below.

My build is also about these scores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back