Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
RX 580
I spent the last 4 days troubleshooting sleep on my new build and confirmed the issue is cased by NZXT Kraken x53 and/or the Smart Device v2. If they're connected to the internal USB2 header on the motherboard, as they are supposed to, the system wakes up instantly after going to sleep. I tried both devices individually and the result is the same, instant wake.

Further troubleshooting, I have the USBPorts.kext mapped correctly with Hackintool. Tried having the USB2 setup as Internal or USB2, even tried USB3, but sleep still doesn't work with any of that. Finally I connected the Kraken with long USB cable and plugged into USB3 port on the back of the case, surprisingly sleep works! My conclusion is that the issue has something to do with the way USB2 power is handled, because it works just fine if I plug in to USB3.

Any suggestions on next steps or if anything else I can do to fix USB2 power management? Thanks in advance.

iMac 20.2
ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
i9-10900K,
RX580
2TB Samsung Evo Pro NVME
NZXT 210i

@man072 on my GA-Z490 Vision G mobo the internal USB-2 port is actually a 4 port USB-2 hub, therefore I also routed my Kraken as well as my BT USB to outside the box with each now enjoying their own dedicated USB port, it does not matter if you use a "blue" port as long as the USB 2 portion is also configured and designated as
internal type 255.

Greetings Henties

I spent the last 4 days troubleshooting sleep on my new build and confirmed the issue is cased by NZXT Kraken x53 and/or the Smart Device v2. If they're connected to the internal USB2 header on the motherboard, as they are supposed to, the system wakes up instantly after going to sleep. I tried both devices individually and the result is the same, instant wake.

Further troubleshooting, I have the USBPorts.kext mapped correctly with Hackintool. Tried having the USB2 setup as Internal or USB2, even tried USB3, but sleep still doesn't work with any of that. Finally I connected the Kraken with long USB cable and plugged into USB3 port on the back of the case, surprisingly sleep works! My conclusion is that the issue has something to do with the way USB2 power is handled, because it works just fine if I plug in to USB3.

Any suggestions on next steps or if anything else I can do to fix USB2 power management? Thanks in advance.

iMac 20.2
ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
i9-10900K,
RX580
2TB Samsung Evo Pro NVME
NZXT 210i

so quick question, the Kraken x53 and the z490 itx phantom gaming mobo fits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back