Contribute
Register

Nvidia SLI in a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does. I'm just confused on a lot of general things haha! I dont even know what RAM to get and at what speed :p

Yeah it does. I'm just confused on a lot of general things haha! I dont even know what RAM to get and at what speed :p

A good speed is 1600, and the recommended ram in the CustoMac builds work great. There is also a Low-profile version of the ram for those who go with a hefty heatsink/cooler. :thumbup:

Apologies for bumping an older thread, but it seemed to make more sense than starting a new, duplicate one.

I just wanted to clarify some of the responses in this thread, as I am also considering doing a GTX 670 SLI hackintosh build.

When y'all say that 'SLI configuration is not supported', do you mean that the cards are recognized and functional, just not in SLI mode? Basically, I am wondering if this means that GPU #2 will sit idle but won't screw anything up, or if you are saying that I will have to disable the second GPU in BIOS or Chameleon every time I want to boot into OS X.

Apologies for bumping an older thread, but it seemed to make more sense than starting a new, duplicate one.

I just wanted to clarify some of the responses in this thread, as I am also considering doing a GTX 670 SLI hackintosh build.

When y'all say that 'SLI configuration is not supported', do you mean that the cards are recognized and functional, just not in SLI mode? Basically, I am wondering if this means that GPU #2 will sit idle but won't screw anything up, or if you are saying that I will have to disable the second GPU in BIOS or Chameleon every time I want to boot into OS X.

Both cards will show up, but not in SLI configuration. You will be able to use both for Cuda or OpenCL operations, just won't help for gaming.

Both cards will show up, but not in SLI configuration. You will be able to use both for Cuda or OpenCL operations, just won't help for gaming.

I dual-boot Windows 7 and OS X. So if I add another 670 to my system, will I see any increase in gaming performance in Windows 7?

Yes, just not in OS X.

Oh! That's a relief! But still, I might even get a totally different graphics card, maybe a 780 if i can afford it at the time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back