Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

GeForce 9500 GT working, nvd50halWeb (8.1.4) loaded, working better and smoother.

Attachments

• Geforce 9500gt.jpg
    Geforce 9500gt.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 177
I'm having freezes in Aperture on 10.8.2 due to GPU crashes on my MSI 660ti OC, I think I might update to the Nvidia 10.8.2 drivers and see if that fixes my problem.

Installed but when I try to watch a Youtube or flash video freezes system :(
GTX-660-TI (CustomMacMini Deluxe)
Thanks

Installed but when I try to watch a Youtube video freezes system
CusToMac Mini Deluxe with GTX-660-TI
Thanks

Does this bug also occur on GTX650 ?

Thanks for all the info !

I have tried both of my GTX480 and GTX580

Both got stuck at high power mode with dual monitor connected.

If I unplug one, the mode switch to low power mode right away.

Hi, Driver installed as confirmed by CUDA panel "GPU Driver Version: 8.14.11 (313.01.01f03)" but I cannot start NVIDIA Driver Manager which is unable to open. Very strange. I have a GeForce GTX 460 SE on a Customac Pro 4,1 with ML.
No more hangs anyway
bye

EVGA GTX670 FTW. Doesn't seem to work. Lets me select web drivers but I don't see any sign of a change (no reboot prompt, no display flash). Benchmarks exactly the same as before. After a reboot default driver selected again.

AHA! In order to flag the alternate drivers on a CustoMac, you must add the flag manually to the chameleon.org.Boot.plist. I'd guess the new pref pane only adds it to your "Mac" com.apple.Boot.plist, which is in a different location, and not used on a CustoMac. For Chimera bootloader:

1. Open Finder
2. Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Open in TextEdit
4. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags or add a new key as shown:

Example Usage:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

or add a new key

Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key>
<string>1</string>

5. Save and reboot

You should be on the new NVIDIA drivers. :)

Thanks kawayuppie :)

Followed these instructions.
Now my hackintosh will only boot in safe mode.

I've edited the plist to remove tonymacx86's additions - but have experienced no change and can still only boot in safe mode. System worked fine before modifying the preferences.

The Nvidia driver manager won't load in safe mode for an uninstall. I've tried manually removing the drivers from the the extensions folder, but experienced no change. I've repaired permissions multiple times.

Any ideas on how to return my system to it's previous state without a reinstall of the the operating system?

Running a gtx670 on a
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back