Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a legitimate link to the .104 or .107 driver? I googled it and the first link is the Nvidia Driver page, however the only available language is Russian for some reason, even though i'm on the US page...

Is there a legitimate link to the .104 or .107 driver? I googled it and the first link is the Nvidia Driver page, however the only available language is Russian for some reason, even though i'm on the US page...

Look in the download section of this site.

Everything working as before. No problems after update and latest web drivers.

Had to apply AGDPfix as per all previous MacOS updates and the boot up time is a bit slower from my Samsung NVMe drive. otherwise its all good.

If one were to install a fresh installation of High Sierra 10.3.3 (not upgrade from a previous 10.3.2), how would one go about installing the Web Driver .104 post-installation?

I'm on 8700K, High Sierra 10.13.3 (specs in my signature) and had the same graphics lag issue with web driver version 387.10.10.10.25.156. I managed to fix it by installing older web driver version: 378.10.10.10.25.104.

If one were to install a fresh installation of High Sierra 10.3.3 (not upgrade from a previous 10.3.2), how would one go about installing the Web Driver .104 post-installation?

The way to install an older version of the web driver on a later version of MacOS is to first find the URL of the web driver and then use a command line tool called webdriver.sh to install it. You can download webdriver.sh from here or install it via homebrew. Nvidia has a page that lists web drivers per MacOS build version. In case of .104 on MacOS 10.13.3 (Build 17D47) you need to execute the following commands in Terminal:

sudo webdriver.sh -u https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg
sudo webdriver.sh -m 17D47

Once that's done, restart your computer.

If you already have a newer version of the web driver installed, you can use the tool to uninstall it like so:

sudo webdriver -r

And restart once it's done.

How to find your MacOS build number? Go to About this Mac -> System Report -> Software. You'll see it listed there under system version. It shows macOS 10.13.3 (17D47) in my case.

On my Z87X-UD5H:
- I removed CUDA Driver as I said because it didn't boot.
- Reinstalled CUDA Driver after things were fixed, and I have better perfromance and boot times now.

I'm on 8700K, High Sierra 10.13.3 (specs in my signature) and had the same graphics lag issue with web driver version 387.10.10.10.25.156. I managed to fix it by installing older web driver version: 378.10.10.10.25.104.

The way to install an older version of the web driver on a later version of MacOS is to first find the URL of the web driver and then use a command line tool called webdriver.sh to install it. You can download webdriver.sh from here or install it via homebrew. Nvidia has a page that lists web drivers per MacOS build version. In case of .104 on MacOS 10.13.3 (Build 17D47) you need to execute the following commands in Terminal:

sudo webdriver.sh -u https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg
sudo webdriver.sh -m 17D47

Once that's done, restart your computer.

If you already have a newer version of the web driver installed, you can use the tool to uninstall it like so:

sudo webdriver -r

And restart once it's done.

How to find your MacOS build number? Go to About this Mac -> System Report -> Software. You'll see it listed there under system version. It shows macOS 10.13.3 (17D47) in my case.

Actually I believe that if you just use "sudo webdriver.sh -m" without the build number it just finds out the build number itself

Huge thank you for this. For whatever reason (almost certainly my fault), I was having problems rolling back, and this has worked perfectly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back