Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.4 (334.01.02f02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently running smbios iMac 14,2 and now my nvidia driver management preferences show (Not Compatible) are you guys getting the same?

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 12.54.32 AM.png

Im currently running smbios iMac 14,2 and now my nvidia driver management preferences show (Not Compatible) are you guys getting the same?

View attachment 97625

It looks like you have wrong driver. The last version is 334.01.02f02 not 334.01.02f01.

I ended up changing the SMBIOS to MACPRO 3,1 installed latest NVIDIA webdriver change the SMBIOS back to iMac 14,2 and the driver works perfectly fine now...

Power management is still broken in default OS X 10.9.4 driver, luckily there is no fix regression in nVidia drivers mentioned in this thread since 10.9.3.

Everything works fine, but:
1. I got reboot loop once after installer reboot. I haven't checked what was causing it because next boot went fine and Clover log was overwritten. I saw it on screen for 2 seconds and it looked like SegFault. However subsequent starts are OK.
2. CUDA complains about being outdated despite newest version installed.

What effect does this have on a GTX 680?

I am using Mac Pro 6,1 on my computer with a GTX 680 and it works fine, it's most likely just a formality because they assume those with the new Mac Pro won't have an Nvidia card.

Like you guys, I have a 680 and after installing 10.9.4 I got the following popup once my system started:
14407020550_0bd81dbbc3_o_d.jpg
The OSX Default Graphics are finally optimized and compatible with my system. I'm sure it should work fine with yours too if you're using a Z87.

Default 10.9.4 drivers' power management is not working, my card runs on constant full speed. But with this driver I've got 3 power states on my ASUS GTX 650 Ti OC. Only little problem is that annoying CUDA message.

... but that happens on real Macs too :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back