i5-4440
Graphics
GT 640 + HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

several days ago i bought a new Gainward GTX 950. I already had OSX 10.11.6 running with a GT 650 so i thought changing the Card shouldn't be a big problem. Well i was wrong.

Every time I try to boot with nvda_drv=1 enabled all I end up, is a black screen and my monitor going into sleep.
I already searched the forum and tried several things, but every time I end up with the black screen.

I'm using an iMac 14,2 SMBIOS as it fits best to my CPU,
the web drivers are up to date,
when i try to boot with nvda_drv=1 enabled AND nv_disable=1/Inject Nvidia disabled i end up with a black screen,
i already tried to add the kext patch for iMac 15 Def's but it didn't help either,

but I still can't boot into OSX without nv_disable=1.

Any help?

(My config.plist is attached)

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 296
Did you install the web drivers?

What port and cable are you using on the card?

Did you install the web drivers?

What port and cable are you using on the card?

The card is attached to the only PCIe x16 port and connected to my Monitor via HDMI.
I have the Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.15f02 installed.

What's really interesting is, that even tough the screen remains black with nvda_drv=1 enabled I am able to log in into OSX like usually(See Screenshot). Even the Graphics Card get's detected correctly.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-28 um 02.36.18.png Ohne Titel.png

I would try using a DSDT to inject your card. Seems like a port mapping issue, I don't have any experience with Gainward cards so I'm not sure.

Inject Nvidia ist set to False, you can see it in my config.plist

My Monitor only has HDMI and VGA so im stuck with HDMI

Support for VGA in OS X is non existent. OS X doesn't support VGA. How ever HDMI is supported.

Support for VGA in OS X is non existent. OS X doesn't support VGA. How ever HDMI is supported.
Yes i know that. I could try a DisplayPort to HDMI cable but what if that doesn't work either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back