Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8.0 -10.8.2 Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't seem to get it working. But while I was in town today I stopped by the computer repair shop and ended up buying a 610. I paid a little extra, but didn't want to wait a week for online order. AS it turns out it is the card you linked. lol

I put it in and booted up without reinstalling and it worked without a hitch.

There must be some sort on extra chip on the card to support the DMS59 ports keeping the display from working properly.

All seems fine, I have video, sound and installed Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and ran SimCity (2013) without a hitch. I was worried about video support with the hackintosh, but it is fine. It was a bit laggy, but that is to be expected, especially with a weak E3-1220L V2 (2.3GHz) dual core processor and the 610 which is probably slower than most modern integrated video.

I still can't boot with VT-d enabled, which is suppose to support hardware acceleration better, but even with VT-x only, I was pretty impressed with video quality.

Thanks
-=Mark=-

btw, my test system was a SuperMicro X9SAE Workstation motherboard (C216 chipset (Z77 Equivalent)), Xeon E3-1220L V2 (2.3GHz 17W TDP), 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston DDR3-1600 ECC memory, with the EVGA GT 610 1GB DDR3 (01G-P3-2615-KR)

I've got an HP xw8400 running 10.8.4, onboard audio with VooDoo 2.8.4 worked great. I put in a Asus Geforce GT 610 and now my onboard audio is no longer listed as an audio device and I only see HDMI as an option. I don't know that I'll ever need to use HDMI audio, it would be nice to have onboard and HDMI both working, but at a minimum I need my onboard back. Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks!!!

It Works! i put the kext into my Unibeast USB (replaced the original one) it works PERFECTELY! Full QE/CI, DVD Player works etc. Thanks Beelzebozo!

cool could you upload the edited kext with instructions possibly

I've got an HP xw8400 running 10.8.4, onboard audio with VooDoo 2.8.4 worked great. I put in a Asus Geforce GT 610 and now my onboard audio is no longer listed as an audio device and I only see HDMI as an option. I don't know that I'll ever need to use HDMI audio, it would be nice to have onboard and HDMI both working, but at a minimum I need my onboard back. Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks!!!

HAS anyone got hdmi audio working would really help me out

HAS anyone got hdmi audio working would really help me out

Yes mine is working as I am using the 610 for an HTPC setup.
You'll need to make sure your DSDT is edited for this setup, head over to HDMI audio section there are some guides on what you'll need to do and how to do it.

Do you know if this graphics card works out of the box for mavericks? Thanks in advance

Thanks. It works beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back