Not open for further replies.

pan

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've tried everything to get HDMI Audio from my nVidia GT240 (the recommended in the HDMI+Audio solutions page).

I'm running 10.6.6 and have a Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 F11 Bios.

I enabled my video card, but in system profiler it still says "unknown nVidia card" and I *think* this is why I cant get HDMI audio to work.

I've deleted any kexts in the /s/l/e that have HDA in them, installed the AppleHDA rollback with the VooDoo 0.2.1 (the rest cause a kernel panic). I also install system utilities every time i use multi beast.

Anyway, the onboard audio still works, but I cant find out why the HDMI audio wont work. Again, I think it may be the "Unknown nVidia card" error. The rest of the card info is correct (although, it does say no display connected in the display connector section)

Any help is appreciated

Did you try the "official nVidia driver" on the Tonymac Download Page?
Link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html

I just update last week and all is working fine...
I am on SN 10.6.8 maybe you should update to the last version too...

There is a "display Connector', I suppose that it is the HDMI but I cannot test it because I don't have any HDMI display for now... :oops:
GT240.png

Thanks--I'll give it a shot

I stuck with 10.6.6 since I had it running error free...but its upgrading as we speak!

I just hope once I get the card recognized, I can finally get audio over HDMI!

Well

I'm running 10.6.8, with the latest nVidia driver and...

Card is still "unknown nVidia graphics card"

After updating and installing the video drivers, I deleted any kext that had HDA in it (I keep doing this, but is actually the right thing to do??), and then used multi-beast to install appleHDA rollback + voodoo 0.2.1

Again, I get audio off the onboard audio, but nothing out of the HDMI port

I'll check out that link...I downloaded the latest multibeast and theres no NVenabler listed anywhere (well, that or I'm a total moron)

Yes your are right, NVEnabler is gone in Multibeast 3.8...
The change file say: - "Removed NVEnabler; superseded by Chimera"

What I remember, when I first boot my hackintoch, is that my GT240 was not recognize in system profiler and after using NVEnabler in Multibeast and the Nvidia updater all was OK...
I still have Multibeast 3.5 , 3.6 and 3.7.1 in my backup so if you need...

So its been a long hiatus, but I've started with Step 1 and am attempting to edit the DSDT for my system. But my problem in step one is getting system profiler to register the GT240 as the video/graphics device. Right now, it says "Unknown nVidia device"

I've tried the latest and greatest tonymac/nvidia drivers, and still it says its unknown

am I missing something simple here? I feel like I am

THanks

I got it recognized with GraphicsEnabler=yes, but video (IE through EyeTV) is very very choppy

Sorry for trying to get a step by step -- I do look at the other posts that have this stuff on it, but it just seems that at each step, I keep on missing something (if I need to change where I'm posting, just let me know)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back