Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GIGABYTE 9800GT Resolution problem in 10.6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having this same problem with this same MB/GPU combination. I just set this machine up last night using the DSDT from the database and tonymacx86's setting from MultiBeast for this motherboard. I have tried karacho's method of running Kext Utility, Repairing Permissions, and rebooting but I still have this issue. This and the system locking up when I use the HDMI output are the only issues this system seems to be having.

Twist said:
I am having this same problem with this same MB/GPU combination. I just set this machine up last night using the DSDT from the database and tonymacx86's setting from MultiBeast for this motherboard. I have tried karacho's method of running Kext Utility, Repairing Permissions, and rebooting but I still have this issue. This and the system locking up when I use the HDMI output are the only issues this system seems to be having.
Have u installed NVEnabler? What you'd ticked in Multibeast exactly? If i'm switching from VGA to HDMI or DVI i have to press a Hotkey at my Monitor to switch my monitor to the right input port. But due to the fact i got sound over HDMI not working, and in HDMI and DVI mode i have black Borders at the Bootscreen, i just connected via VGA only

karacho said:
Have u installed NVEnabler? What you'd ticked in Multibeast exactly? If i'm switching from VGA to HDMI or DVI i have to press a Hotkey at my Monitor to switch my monitor to the right input port. But due to the fact i got sound over HDMI not working, and in HDMI and DVI mode i have black Borders at the Bootscreen, i just connected via VGA only
No I didn't install NVEnabler. In MultiBeast I checked all the stuff shown in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10172 from the very top post (tonymacx86's GA-P55M-UD2 settings) and then I installed Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext and followed the steps to get Sleep working correctly (check all the boxes in Energy Saver). Then I started working on the resolution switching issue and followed your steps from above with no luck. I have actually decided to give up on HDMI because of how the inputs on my HDTV are (no alternate sound input for HDMI) so I am currently using VGA. I am worried about it doing this every time I launch a game.

karacho said:
Sounds like QE/CI isn't working
I get the ripples in Dashboard. Is there a more sure fire way to check on this?

Twist said:
karacho said:
Sounds like QE/CI isn't working
I get the ripples in Dashboard. Is there a more sure fire way to check on this?
If you're able to run Front Row then QE/CI is enabled, it's also if you see the ripples in Dashboard like you described above.

Stork said:
I, too, have a P55M-UD2 MB. My system is working in 10.6.6 w/o any problems. Check out tonymacx86's MultiBeast configuration here.
trwoolley said:
karacho said:

Looks like a copy-paste gone amiss. :eek:
karacho said:
Yeah i think so :lol:
Boy! Did it ever! :oops: Anywho, I corrected the link. I got to quit being in a hurry. Sigh... (What? OK, Dear, I'm coming!) :lol:

So any other suggestions of things to try to fix the resolution switching issue? Other than this, the keyboard not working after it wakes from sleep, and an audio noise issue (that I think is cable related since I don't have the issue with headphones) this machine seems to be working beautifully. I encoded like 40 movies last night using Handbrake on it (my 2 GHz C2D MacBook only does like 6 overnight with the same settings) and it runs Starcraft 2 smooth as silk on Ultra settings at 1280x720.

Not sure if it will help anyone, but I believe I'm seeing a very similar issue (Gigabyte 9800 silent cell, which cannot use DVI or HDMI, and goes blank when switching resolutions).

This is currently my biggest issue, with an otherwise clean install (HUGE THANKS TO THIS SITE AND FORUM).

my xBench is 377, and it feels SOOO much faster than my mac mini, but the graphics (and occasionally sleep) instability may drive me to a different solution. I really don't want to migrate to a PC.

ANYWAY, one tip... if YOU or an APP ever change resolution and you don't want to hard reset your system... my resolution seems to properly switch *IF* I put the computer to sleep, then wake it (both using the system power button)..

good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back